Likes Likes:  0

Thread: 245 RL owners?

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

245 RL owners?

We just officially became Grand Design owners. We just picked up our 2022 Xplor 245 RL yesterday. Woo Hoo! 👏 It's a great looking RV and we love the floor plan. Very excited, going to Thousand Trails' Hershey location this weekend for our first trip in it. Fairly new model and can't find reviews on it. If there are any of you with this model out there would love feedback on it. Say hi if you see us there.

Wayne & Susan

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Looks like a nice, social layout for a couple people. Congrats on the new toy!
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. We went through a 261bh and if a bunkhouse had fit our needs that was one we would have seriously considered. How have you liked having a Transcend so far?

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SWkern1 View Post
    Thanks. We went through a 261bh and if a bunkhouse had fit our needs that was one we would have seriously considered. How have you liked having a Transcend so far?
    It's been great so far. A few minor issues, but nothing major, just the usual things. The layout is perfect for our little family.

Did you guys go with either of the theater options for the rear sofa or the dinette? The 245RL looks like it could be really awesome for having visitors.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We kept the standard tri-fold sofa across the back but got the theater dinette which is made up of 3 recliners. We weren't fans of their u-shaped dinette and I'm heavy and they were kinda tight for me. Also this setup will function well for the 2 of us but will also fit our 3 grown sons should they ever want and are able to join us. I think you are right about the visitors.

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That sounds like a great option. I'm not a big fan of RV dinettes in general. I'm no lightweight myself, and the Transcend tables have the wavy design that makes for a sharp corner at the end, and it tries to stab me if I'm not careful sliding in. Really the dinette is more for the kids, as a practical matter. The wife and I generally sit across in the recliners (that's one of the features we like about the layout, the recliners being directly across from the dinette rather than along the same wall). When the kids grow up, I'll happily trade for something without any kind of dinette. Like a 245RL maybe

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That was another reason to get the theater dinette instead of the u-shaped one. The u-shaped dinette was directly across from the TV, not the sofa.