User Tag List

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Leveling from He#$

Earned my leveling stripes today!! The second attempt worked. Had to move the trailer up. I might have had an inch to spare. Used NO block under the tongue jack to get it low enough.

Anyone have any advice for scissor jack leveling (not auto leveling) on a VERY sloped site? Other then find a new site.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210727_194024-COLLAGE.jpg 
Views:	99 
Size:	89.7 KB 
ID:	35736
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One suggestion would be to back your trailer tires up onto some blocks, like lynx levelers.
    2021 Reflection 337RLS | TireMinder i10 TPMS | Progressive Dynamics 60A Converter | Progressive Industries EMS | MORyde X Factors | Renogy Solar & MPPT Controller
    2012 Ram 2500 CCSB 6.7L Diesel | Tuned w/ DPF Stolen | Tekonsha P3 Brake Controller | Airlift Bags w/ Wireless Compressor | B&W Turnover Ball | Anderson Ultimate Hitch

Mentioned
    136 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Drive up on blocks or keep some 2x8 or 2x10 boards with you. The scissor jacks are really stabilizers, they shouldn't be used for leveling or lifting the camper at all.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
    2023 Momentum 398M-R
    2023 Ford F-450

SOLD - 2021 Reflection 311BHS
    SOLD - 2017 Momentum 399TH

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    After decades of using wood blocking, we bought a set of Anderson levelers when they came out on the market. Totally convinced me! Now that we moved onto a 5er, I have the last set of Anderson's for sale. Nevertheless, for campers without 4 or 6 point jacks, it's a must to level side to side shimming the wheels as needed and the front to back with the tongue jack. Those three points of contact are designed to bear the load.
    Rob & Nikki + Cloverfield
    2020 Grand Design Solitude S-Class 3350RL
    2015 RAM 3500 Longhorn Laramie Crew Cab, Long Bed, 4x4 Dually Cummins/AISIN

Mountains of Pennsylvania

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by geotex1 View Post
    After decades of using wood blocking, we bought a set of Anderson levelers when they came out on the market. Totally convinced me! Now that we moved onto a 5er, I have the last set of Anderson's for sale. Nevertheless, for campers without 4 or 6 point jacks, it's a must to level side to side shimming the wheels as needed and the front to back with the tongue jack. Those three points of contact are designed to bear the load.
    I have always used blocks for side to side leveling on my TT, and I thought with the 5th wheel, I could get away with not doing that, as long as it was not too far out. Even with a number of blocks under the jacks on my trailer, if I try auto leveling with the trailer one bubble out, it freaks out and throws codes. I have to be about 1/2 a bubble or less. I have been looking at the Andersen levelers to replace the blocks.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use 2x8 boards under the wheels to get side to side. It usually only takes one or at most two under a tire to get it. If you first level your floor with a good 2' or 4' level and then put "stick on" levels outside in places you can see to monitor them. It takes a few trys to get the hang of it and anticipate what you need. If I need to really extend the stabilizers I use these jack stands to assist and take up the slack. They are good to have in an emergency too. A selection of cut 2x8 and 2x6 boards is handy to have as well.
    https://www.amazon.com/Camco-Olympia.../dp/B000760FWU
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-28-2021 at 07:18 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As others have said, you have to lift up the tires. We did about 5” on one side and 3.5” on the other side.

I forgot we booked an un-level lot. Our basic load out is three sets of blocks and four 2x4’s. For lots like this I would usually bring the lego style chocks, 4x4s and 2x8’s.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 10F24D95-16F8-4871-9B1C-2EF25839839B.jpg  

2018 F-250 6.7L Leveled, 35’s.
    2019 Imagine 2500RL, 640w Solar, Lion UT1300s, 3000w Inverter
    CRE3000, Sumosprings

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    I have always used blocks for side to side leveling on my TT, and I thought with the 5th wheel, I could get away with not doing that, as long as it was not too far out. Even with a number of blocks under the jacks on my trailer, if I try auto leveling with the trailer one bubble out, it freaks out and throws codes. I have to be about 1/2 a bubble or less. I have been looking at the Andersen levelers to replace the blocks.
    We have and love using the Anderson levelers. They make leveling so quick and easy!!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mediocrity View Post
    One suggestion would be to back your trailer tires up onto some blocks, like lynx levelers.
    I did think of that as a third try if needed. The only problem is I was using the Camco rocker levelers on one side because the pad was not level side to side. I use wood blocks and don't have the 'building blocks'. This situation would be a good reason to have some of the building blocks.

Bottom line the site was built by . . . I don't know. It was ridiculous. And the whole park except for maybe two sites were sloped from slightly to ridiculous.

That place, Columbus-Belmont State Park, KY, is in the rear view mirror!
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The worst site I've ever been on was high in the middle! Add to that a 2"-3" difference side-to-side. After that, I built some leveling ramps of my own out of 1/2" wafer board nailed together in step fashion. Before I nailed them together, I took a wood bit and cut a series of holes in each to make it lighter. They work quite well, but I need to get some bigger blocks to fit under the stabilizer jacks.
    John Wood and Pat Shackelford
    Corpus Christi, Texas
    2016 F250 KR FX4
    Air Lift LoadLifter 5000 Ultimate
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 3000QB
    2 Australian Shepherds and looking forward to retirement...