Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Smile New 2022 GD Imagine 2600RB Owner

Hello From Kentucky...

We are Larry & Tracey and we are new owners of a 2022 GD Imagine 2600 RB and it will be delivered to us next week. I would like to say we are experienced with the RV life, however, we are not. This is our first venture into camping with our own home rather than a tent. We have been spending months educating ourselves and getting ready for this new family member and hope to reach out to this forum and its members to learn even more regarding towing, packing, setup/teardown, boondocking, bear protection and meal prepping. So basically... everything you all know, we are willing students to learn. I have to say after watching many Youtube videos, my heart is a little hurt knowing there are new RVers out there that aren't using their manners or cleaning up after themselves so just know, our goal wherever we go is to leave no trace!

Looking forward to learning from your experiences!

Tracey

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Welcome. You are going to love that floor plan. My wife and I absolutely love ours.
    2020 F250 XLT Premium Iconic Silver 4x4 7.3 3.55 Payload-3268 lbs.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    Previous - 2015 Keystone Passport Elite 23RB
    Previous - 2015 Nissan Titan Pro 4x

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you so much for the kind response! I sure hope so. I do have a question... do you pull yours with the Nissan Titan Pro 4x I see above in your post? I think that is the most uncomfortable part for me right now. I have a 2019 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4 wheel drive, 5.6, V8 and I'm struggling to understand all the info related to hitches, GVWR, etc. Is there a website I can go to and learn about this in "dumbed down" language? Thanks for your knowledge and experience!

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traymilburn View Post
    Thank you so much for the kind response! I sure hope so. I do have a question... do you pull yours with the Nissan Titan Pro 4x I see above in your post? I think that is the most uncomfortable part for me right now. I have a 2019 Nissan Titan Crew Cab 4 wheel drive, 5.6, V8 and I'm struggling to understand all the info related to hitches, GVWR, etc. Is there a website I can go to and learn about this in "dumbed down" language? Thanks for your knowledge and experience!
    What is your payload rating from the door jamb of your Nissan
    Keep in mind the actual available payload can only be determined from a cat scale

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Oh just now seeing the difference from what you had to you have now. My apologies for the mistake!!! We actually have a weigh station with CAT scales about 5 miles down the road on I-64. Do we weigh it empty and then with ALL the junk we are putting into the trailer? My deepest apologies as I am so new to this process of towing... except for my little framed garden trailer. Here are the numbers on the door of the truck -

GVWR - 7300#
    FR - 3800#
    RR - 4012#
    Payload - 1267 #

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

New 2022 GD Imagine 2600RB Owner

Quote Originally Posted by traymilburn View Post
    Oh just now seeing the difference from what you had to you have now. My apologies for the mistake!!! We actually have a weigh station with CAT scales about 5 miles down the road on I-64. Do we weigh it empty and then with ALL the junk we are putting into the trailer? My deepest apologies as I am so new to this process of towing... except for my little framed garden trailer. Here are the numbers on the door of the truck -

GVWR - 7300#
    FR - 3800#
    RR - 4012#
    Payload - 1267 #
    I figured your payload was low
    Likely once you run through a scale it will be even lower. Maybe under a 1000 lbs
    Any options added to the truck (bed liner ,boards,flaps) all subtract from it

Just weigh the truck with the people in it that will go camping and whatever you need to put in the bed

Just to let you know the dry tongue weight of that trailer will be over 700 lbs and there is no doubt you will be over the payload and gvwr of your truck

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    well crumbs... need a bigger truck.thank you for figuring that out. Yes sir, have bed liner, running boards, and was getting flaps and bed cover this weekend. Thinking this is a bad idea now.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No worries. Our previous trailer that I towed with our Titan was 6100 lbs loaded with all our stuff. Always towed with empty tanks. The setup felt stable but I knew I would never want to tow anything heavier or bigger. The payload sticker on my 2015 was 1651 lbs. I’m afraid you will be overweight on your Titan with only 1267 lbs of payload. The tongue weight on our 2021 2600RB is just under 1100 lbs. We did put a very heavy queen sized mattress in ours which does add extra tongue weight. But most owners of the 2600RB say they have tongue weights in the 900 to 1000 lb range. Your Titan I’m sure has the power to pull it. But not enough payload. Don’t get me wrong. I’m not the weight police and will be the last person to say what someone should or should not do. I’m just telling you what weights I’ve been working with.

If you want better info and explanation I could ever give about weights and how important payload weight ratings figure in go to YouTube and search for towing an RV. You’ll find numerous videos that are really educating the newcomer to towing.
    Last edited by Digger1222; 07-28-2021 at 03:01 PM.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    thank you so very much... we are rethinking the travel trailer now. I love my truck but if it cannot pull the Imagine 2600RB I may have to back out of the sale which means I'll lose my shorts!

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you think they could get you into something smaller and lighter that your truck can handle? I wish the sales person would first ask anyone interested in whatever trailer it is, “What are you planning on towing it with?” Trust me, you aren’t the first nor will be the last that finds out the trailer they want is too much for the tow vehicle. I hate being the bearer of bad news.
    2021 Imagine 2600RB

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast