Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traymilburn View Post
    Hello From Kentucky...

We are Larry & Tracey and we are new owners of a 2022 GD Imagine 2600 RB and it will be delivered to us next week. I would like to say we are experienced with the RV life, however, we are not. This is our first venture into camping with our own home rather than a tent. We have been spending months educating ourselves and getting ready for this new family member and hope to reach out to this forum and its members to learn even more regarding towing, packing, setup/teardown, boondocking, bear protection and meal prepping. So basically... everything you all know, we are willing students to learn. I have to say after watching many Youtube videos, my heart is a little hurt knowing there are new RVers out there that aren't using their manners or cleaning up after themselves so just know, our goal wherever we go is to leave no trace!

Looking forward to learning from your experiences!

Tracey
    Congrats on your new 2600RB. We love our 2018 Imagine 2600RB. Unfortunately, as others have said, the payload capacity of your Titan is not adequate to tow this trailer. I started out towing mine with a Ford F-150 (so-called 1/2-ton class) having a payload capacity of just over 2,000 lbs. The trailer tongue weight alone on a CAT scale came to just about 1,000 lbs. However, there are other factors too besides payload capacity to consider: vehicle weight, wheelbase, stopping power, etc. Even though the F-150 had plenty of power and my setup was within all weight limits, I never felt very comfortable towing the trailer with it. It was the tail wagging the dog. The relatively short wheelbase, light weight truck just couldn't control the trailer very well. A bit of wind could lead to "white knuckles" in a hurry. I traded the F-150 on a Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (3/4-ton) and I've been much happier and feel in control when towing. You'll be much better off with a 3/4-ton class truck to tow this TT.
    2018 Imagine 2600RB
    2019 Chevy Silverado 2500HD 4x4 LT Crew Cab, Vortec 6L V8, 4.10 Rear Axle
    Equal-i-zer 1,200/12,000# Hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Ulmer View Post
    Congrats on your new 2600RB. We love our 2018 Imagine 2600RB. Unfortunately, as others have said, the payload capacity of your Titan is not adequate to tow this trailer. I started out towing mine with a Ford F-150 (so-called 1/2-ton class) having a payload capacity of just over 2,000 lbs. The trailer tongue weight alone on a CAT scale came to just about 1,000 lbs. However, there are other factors too besides payload capacity to consider: vehicle weight, wheelbase, stopping power, etc. Even though the F-150 had plenty of power and my setup was within all weight limits, I never felt very comfortable towing the trailer with it. It was the tail wagging the dog. The relatively short wheelbase, light weight truck just couldn't control the trailer very well. A bit of wind could lead to "white knuckles" in a hurry. I traded the F-150 on a Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (3/4-ton) and I've been much happier and feel in control when towing. You'll be much better off with a 3/4-ton class truck to tow this TT.
    Pretty much same here, purchased new 2017 F150 with max tow package, payload just around 2000lbs. Ordered new 2600RB spring of 2018. Traded in F150 for a 2018 F250 6 months later. Even have a Blue Ox Sway Pro WDH. The F150 pulled the weight no problem, but the 2600RB is a huge wind sail that made for a bad towing experience in any interstate highway traveling. Enjoy the road trips more now with the 3/4 ton TV.
    2018 F250 Lariat 6.2 gas w/ 5Star 93 tow tune
    2018 imagine 2600RB - Blue Ox Sway Pro
    Chester County PA.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Digger1222 View Post
    Do you think they could get you into something smaller and lighter that your truck can handle? I wish the sales person would first ask anyone interested in whatever trailer it is, “What are you planning on towing it with?” Trust me, you aren’t the first nor will be the last that finds out the trailer they want is too much for the tow vehicle. I hate being the bearer of bad news.
    They do ask this question, rather often! I have been ask that several times followed by "You can tow this trailer" when I knew ahead of time I could not! That is the problem, I have ran into several new campers that bought trailers much larger than they could safely tow! The dealers need to be made accoutable for putting people on the road with a very unsafe condition!

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hello From Kentucky...

We are Larry & Tracey and we are new owners of a 2022 GD Imagine 2600 RB and it will be delivered to us next week. I would like to say we are experienced with the RV life, however, we are not. This is our first venture into camping with our own home rather than a tent. We have been spending months educating ourselves and getting ready for this new family member and hope to reach out to this forum and its members to learn even more regarding towing, packing, setup/teardown, boondocking, bear protection and meal prepping. So basically... everything you all know, we are willing students to learn. I have to say after watching many Youtube videos, my heart is a little hurt knowing there are new RVers out there that aren't using their manners or cleaning up after themselves so just know, our goal wherever we go is to leave no trace!

Looking forward to learning from your experiences!

Tracey
    Plan on going to a rally or 2. There will be seminars that you will no doubt find very informative. And cudos to you on leave no trace.

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They actually saw our truck and told us it could handle pulling this specific trailer. I guess that's why I'm so confused by it all.
    Have you bought the trailer ?

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123