User Tag List

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longer Inverter Remote Cable?

I just installed a Giandell 2200 inverter and want to place the remote switch in the kitchen area. But, the cable that came with the remote is not long enough. I went to the store and bought a 33 foot phone cable, but soon found out the plug ends were too wide. My wife went to several stores (including Best Buy) and showed them the plug end but none of them had any idea what kink of cable she had. Does anyone have any idea where I could get one? The cable provided has 4 copper wires so I guess I could get a 4 wire cable and splice the ends onto the new cable.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm guessing what you have is RJ22 plug (same as cord for between phone base and handset) (smaller version of plug for wall to phone)

My new converter has a control module with RJ22 on each end but reversed from over the counter availability. Ended up buying the RJ22 ends and the crimp tool to make my own.

If you are lucky yours will not be reversed and you can find a long handset cord to do what you need.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    4p4c (RJ9, RJ10, RJ22), Progressive Dynamics Charge Wizard Pendant has this handset connector at one end to plug into its converter.

Telco What is RJ? - https://sites.google.com/site/markgu...t-does-rj-mean
    Straight pinout vs Reverse pinout cable - https://www.showmecables.com/blog/post/telephone-cables

Uncoiled handset cables plug to plug, are not very common.
    Straight/Flat Standard Modular Cable Assemblies - DigiKey https://www.digikey.com/en/product-h...ble-assemblies
    Modular Cable Plug to Plug 4p4c (RJ9, RJ10, RJ22) 25.00' - https://www.digikey.com/en/products/...-0025F/3442046
    Last edited by gbkims; 07-29-2021 at 10:38 AM.
    - Gene

Kim & Gene
    2015 Reflection 317RST
    2017 Ram 3500 CC LB 4x2 6.7 CTD AISIN 3.73 DRW Auto Level Rear Air, BD3, Prodigy P3, Aux Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    I'm guessing what you have is RJ22 plug (same as cord for between phone base and handset) (smaller version of plug for wall to phone)

My new converter has a control module with RJ22 on each end but reversed from over the counter availability. Ended up buying the RJ22 ends and the crimp tool to make my own.

If you are lucky yours will not be reversed and you can find a long handset cord to do what you need.
    Thanks for helping me out. After doing quite a bit of googling I don't think I can get a 35 foot cord with RJ22 ends. Where did you get your ends and crimper? And what does you mean when you say it is reversed?

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Longer Inverter Remote Cable?

Quote Originally Posted by Imagine-r-Joe View Post
    Thanks for helping me out. After doing quite a bit of googling I don't think I can get a 35 foot cord with RJ22 ends. Where did you get your ends and crimper? And what does you mean when you say it is reversed?
    Depending on the application the pin outs of the cables are reversed, meaning pin 2 and 3 are reversed and I believe 1 and 6 are reversed. Primary uses are for cat 5 applications between T568A on one end and T568B on the other. Don’t think you need to worry about crossover.

As far as the crimper

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08HV6F128...AM3D2VQ3AS98PS
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Imagine-r-Joe View Post
    I got my parts from Amazon. And yes, reversed as described above ( I think he meant 4 not 6 though) Just be sure to trace pin in and pin out to match the short cable.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JCR GD View Post
    I got my parts from Amazon. And yes, reversed as described above ( I think he meant 4 not 6 though) Just be sure to trace pin in and pin out to match the short cable.
    Yes, thanks.[emoji106]
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS