User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

My Nightmare Purcahse in Winston Salem

Hopefully anyone shopping the Winston Salem or Raleigh area for a "hometown" dealer will see this message before doing business.

I bought a 2021 31MB, went on a trip to the west coast and back over 6 weeks. Week 3 my bunk slide malfunctioned and had to be manually pushed back in after removing the motor locks. Our refrigerator never worked from day one (would freeze every day). Unfortunate, but stuff breaks, I get it.

Upon returning to NC, I promptly scheduled service with my dealer whom I bought the trailer from merely weeks before, dropped off at the end of MARCH. At first, the usual, COVID has caused delays, it will be a week or two, fine. In early June, I just had enough and was going to use my RV no matter what, called the dealer told them to get it out front and I will be by to pick it up for the weekend. I was told I must leave a deposit for fear that I would not return to have my warranty work performed by them and they would have to absorb the cost of the parts. Again, to be clear, they wanted me to pay them a deposit on my 2021 trailer for warranty repair. After a heated call with their manager (totally unprofessional), with my title in hand and ready to report stolen to the Sheriff's department if needed, I was headed up to retrieve. They released my trailer and I used it for a few days.

I brought it back to them, reluctantly, because my word means something to me as I indicated to them when I picked up that I would allow them the time to fix it.

JULY 29th and my RV is still on their property. My calls were not returned for the past 3 weeks and I sought an attorney to file suit. I also called the manufacturer and after a brutal hold of over an hour had a conversation. My parts were delivered to them on June 11th according to Grand Design Corporate. Thankfully, they at least appeared to care and are attempting to send their mobile tech to repair.

This dealer has called twice and left a vm that my trailer is in the shop. I finally think it will be fixed soon.
    Hope this helps anyone in that area steer clear, you won't have a hard time figuring out which dealer with 2 locations I am speaking of, but I may post that information later as well.
    Last edited by KellerSantiago; 07-29-2021 at 02:34 PM.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What legal basis is your attorney filing a lawsuit?
    2022 Imagine XLS 22MLE
    Sold: 2015 27RL
    2016 Ram 3500 Crewcab Cummins SRW

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    edited, I am picking this thing up and moving on with my life. My warning I think is still valid, steer clear of this dealer.
    Last edited by KellerSantiago; 07-29-2021 at 02:35 PM.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sonny's in Concord (Charlotte) is just down the road a ways from you. While I haven't had any repairs or work yet, we purchased there and they are, at least for PDI and delivery, are very professional and on the ball. It helps, I feel, that they have decided to put all their eggs in one basket and only rep Grand Design at this location.
    The inspector we hired for the PDI is also a mobile tech, based out of Greensboro. Also very professional and through, at least for the inspection.

Jeff Paisley
    Appalachian RV Repair and Inspections
    Phone: 704-402-2901
    Email: [email protected]
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    Sonny's in Concord (Charlotte) is just down the road a ways from you. While I haven't had any repairs or work yet, we purchased there and they are, at least for PDI and delivery, are very professional and on the ball. It helps, I feel, that they have decided to put all their eggs in one basket and only rep Grand Design at this location.
    The inspector we hired for the PDI is also a mobile tech, based out of Greensboro. Also very professional and through, at least for the inspection.

Jeff Paisley
    Appalachian RV Repair and Inspections
    Phone: 704-402-2901
    Email: [email protected]
    We just picked up a 2021 Reflection 315 rlts from Sonnys last Saturday.
    We haven't had any service /warranty issues yet but everyone involved were very nice and very professional.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk