User Tag List

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trash container pull outs

2018 Solitude 344GK.....AGAIN!! Our trash containers are in a contained pull out cabinet. The track has gone funky on me and I am wondering is there a way to release "door" to remove all the way to get in there and see what is going on with the track? This is I am sure an especially easy fix!!

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Would the track release like theey do on drawer slides? By finding the retaining clip on each side, one moves up the other down to release the slides
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjack View Post
    2018 Solitude 344GK.....AGAIN!! Our trash containers are in a contained pull out cabinet. The track has gone funky on me and I am wondering is there a way to release "door" to remove all the way to get in there and see what is going on with the track? This is I am sure an especially easy fix!!
    When you say the track has "Gone Funky" on you, what exactly do you mean?

If you mean that the track(s) does not fully extend and you can't reach the rear wastebasket, then you are experiencing a common problem with these types of tracks (called drawer glides). What happens is: because of slightly different size of ball bearings on each side, one drawer glide begins to shorten it's stroke compared to the other side. Over time the short stroke glide causes the drawer to not open fully.

To fix this you simply open the drawer (cabinet) moderately fast and you will feel the drawer grab at the end of the short stroke, however, the momentum will allow the drawer to open slightly more each time you open the drawer fast. Just be careful that once you reach the "Hard Stop" that you don't slam the drawer open and break the mechanism

If the above describes your "Gone Funky" situation then this will fix your problem, until you need to perform the correction again.

If the above is not your problem, then I have listed below how to remove the drawer from the tracks (drawer glides).

You will find at the rear end of each track a little (black) plastic lever, on one side this lever needs to be pulled up and on the other side the lever needs to be pushed down while simultaneously pulling out on the cabinet.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank YOU! this is the info I was looking for. Odd you should mention ball bearing.....I vacuumed a little one up the other day? I am now thinking it could be from the track?? If so will this make any difference in the drawer continuing to work? I do believe my problem is it has loosened where it attatches to the cleat inside the cabinet on stove side. I was hoping to remove the front/door to be able to access this spot.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am hoping so and the below response has explained how. Thanks for your reply and Queen Isabelle (our just a bit spoiled cat) says to tell the dogs she too loooooves to text!

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jpjack View Post
    Thank YOU! this is the info I was looking for. Odd you should mention ball bearing.....I vacuumed a little one up the other day? I am now thinking it could be from the track?? If so will this make any difference in the drawer continuing to work? I do believe my problem is it has loosened where it attatches to the cleat inside the cabinet on stove side. I was hoping to remove the front/door to be able to access this spot.
    If you are loosing ball bearings, you will continue to loose ball bearings until one day they all fall out and the drawer will fall off the track. You will need to replace the tracks ( I believe you have two sets (pairs) of tracks one upper and one lower). You should replace all four drawer glides.

To replace the drawer glides, remove the drawer as outlined in the above post and remove the screws holding them in place. then take them to Home Depot, and/or Lowes and get two pair of matching glides. When you are removing the glides look to see if you have any extra room to install a slightly longer glide, if you do have extra space measure it because you might not find an exact match (in length) to your existing glides. You can get glides that are slightly longer than the existing ones if you have physical space to accommodate them. If you can't find drawer glides to match, then you will need to search the internet to find glides that will fit.

Good luck

PS: I am sure you will have kitty help on this project.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OHH MYYY GOODNESS!! This is great and I will get mentally prepared for this, and start the dismantling in prep for Home Depot trip!! Thank you for such well explained directions!! Will let you know how it comes along!!!

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OK!!! Took the trash cabinet drawer slides off inside and drawer, repaired the wood inside, reinstalled slides as I did not see where any ball bearings were missing. Put back together and it is working perfect again!! A job well done! Thanks for tutourial!! Time for reward of Smirnoff Screwdriver!!