User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

What do you look for in a campground?

What do you look for in a campground? What names you go back to places or if full timer what makes you stay longer? Concrete pads? Wooded or cleared? Good WiFi? Shopping, location? Any luxury campers that will pay extra for their must haves? I’m just curious

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cmelevu2 View Post
    What do you look for in a campground? What names you go back to places or if full timer what makes you stay longer? Concrete pads? Wooded or cleared? Good WiFi? Shopping, location? Any luxury campers that will pay extra for their must haves? I’m just curious
    I'll start off. Location, location, location. We do two types of camping, destination and dead heading to our destination. With destination we want good proximity to our intended sites to visit plus some campground amenities and comfort (full hookups, wifi, ice cream). We don't spend much time in the campground, we're tourists. With dead heading we want easy off/easy on, long level pull through sites. If we have the option to not unhook, I'll take it. (easier when we had a TT than with the fiver).
    Frank & Jolynn Martin
    Litchfield, MN
    Mabel & Bailey, Golden Retriever Fur Kids
    2019 RAM 3500 CTD, CC, LB, B&W Turnover Ball, AirLift 5000 Bags
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 4440# CCC, Reese 20K GooseBox, 8K EOH Disc brakes, RV Airflow, SoftStartRV, 2-206AH SOK batteries, Victron Multiplus II, Victron 30A DC2DC,790W of Solar, Flex Armor Roof, Blu Tech Water Filtration, BlazeCut Fire Suppression

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Campground or RV Park? IMHO two different facilities. I am not a full timer and frequent campgrounds, state parks and USACE parks. Although I am sitting in a KOA right now.

For a campground my DW looks for:
    Availability!!
    Sites to fit our rig (size)
    Mostly level site
    Spacing between sites
    Ease of access
    Things to do in or near the park
    In summer 50 amp is a must
    Prefer water hookup but not necessary
    Prefer sewer but not necessary
    Good cell service for MiFi

In a RV Park
    Online reservations!!!
    Good location
    Level sites
    Not trashy
    Well maintained
    Good customer service
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    “(full hookups, wifi, ice cream)“

Ice cream. Nothing like a little snack bar with soft serve or hand dipped
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We only camp in the wilderness, we are not travelers, so we look for places with good scenery, low volume of people, widely spaced spots, and good access to rivers, trails, mountains, things like that. Don't care about hookups because we are always dry camping. Don't currently care much about cell signal but I won't lie, I want Starlink so I can switch to working from the wilderness and visiting home occasionally.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Places that will enforce their own rules. Loud music, over-size groups, speed limit etc.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    We only camp in the wilderness, we are not travelers, so we look for places with good scenery, low volume of people, widely spaced spots, and good access to rivers, trails, mountains, things like that.
    I'm much along these lines when I look for a campground. Remote locations with dark skies because I like to sit under the stars and watch the sky in the early morning. I do care about electric, at least 30 amp. I can fill my water tank and I can dump periodically. My stays are usually 3 to 4 days but if I do like a place, area or feature I will return. I've found several campgrounds in different parts of the country that are features in themselves. For all these reasons I tend to frequent the publicly owned campgrounds.
    Last edited by Wicked ace; 07-30-2021 at 07:51 AM.
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Road tripping we want something fairly level, shady with electric and somewhat large sites. We, even on road trips prefer state parks or national forest camp grounds. I was suprised to find so many national forest campgrounds with electric as we went west..not the norm here in MI .Some with runnning water as well. We like to spend at least 1 week often more in any given area to explore the surrounding towns etc.. As an example .. We spent 10 days just outside of Yellowstone at a NF CG that had ele..don't recall if there was water on the site. I'd rather have an extra scheduled few days than to find there was something to see that we did not know about.

For fast over nights easy on and off the freeway, level so we don't have to unhitch . Once in a while we will do truck stops or camp Walmart for overnight.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fairly close to major populated areas (within 10-15 miles) with things to see/do, full hookups, good WiFi, satellite friendly. Sites not too close together. A firepit is also nice, but not required. We're not locked into private campgrounds or anything else specific. We also do dry camping, so hookups are not necessarily required (but preferred).

All that said, we haven't found a campground yet that satisfies all our requirements.

2017 Reflection 26RL "Mili"
    2016 Ford F250 Extended Cab Gas Engine "Buck" (the truck)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lately are only criteria is availability. It's crazy. Just came back from a 3 day getaway Tue to Thu and had a real hard time finding a spot. Ended up at a place with no sewer or cell reception.
    In normal times we look for a place close to where we will be visiting. Not close to highways or train tracks (learned that lesson after 3 sleepless nights), full hookups are nice but not a must have, wifi and cell coverage is nice to have. DW likes pools. Electricity is a must right now but working on no longer being dependent on that.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast