This is not necessarily in relation to GD products but the industry as a whole. As one that does 99% of all repair to my trailer, I feel for those that have recently purchased new trailers and are experiencing issues they are unable to fix. Everyone is just not a DIY'er and that's understandable.

What's more disconcerting is that the industry has promoted "buy locally so you can get warranty work done in a timely manner". My understanding is many dealers will not do warranty work unless they sell the trailer, and the manufacturers are supporting these policies.

Well, many posts on this forum and others are showing that new owners are having significant issues with new trailers, and their local dealer service departments are taking weeks or months to repair the trailer. From a dealers standpoint, I would assume they make more money on routine out of warranty repairs that warranty repairs. That tells me who is going to be in line first to get repairs done.

Will all this change in a couple of years when we see a reversion to the means in RV sales? I realize increased sales, backordered parts, and Covid are a factor, but is this becoming the new norm? Just wondering.................