User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    That's good to know, I may try to pursue that. I'm going to take one stab at addressing it myself, then failing that I'll just get someone else who knows what they're doing. My slide shakes & clanks for part of the travel in & out, and I've cleaned it, lubed the parts that should be lubed, checked the weather seal fitment. The only thing I haven't tried is adjusting the rails to be perfectly square -- one end is 1/2 inch farther out than the other. It has enough slop that it seals when it gets to either end of the travel, but I do wonder if being a 1/2 inch off might be making it just out of square enough that it's catching a little while sliding. It's an easy fix to try, but when it's time to take off the belly cover and go spelunking, I'm out.
    Shakes and clanks, although they sometimes make you cringe, seem to be a normal for any slide. On three campers of different makes they have always done it. At first I expected the worst thinking I'd see or hear parts fall off but nothing yet. My slide did get seriously out of sync with the rear getting far ahead of the front mid travel. Eventually it stuck on me and I needed to research how to get it back. At first I tried a reset of the master controller which would work temporarily. What did work was extending the slide and syncing the motors. In your case I don't think a 1/2" is a major concern but if it bothers you can try this procedure with your slide extended, It's described in the link: https://store.lci1.com/blog/retiming...syncing-issues

For future reference here is a link to a video of troubleshooting the controller: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/newr...reply&p=384973
    2018 F150 XLT 301a, Screw, 4x4, HDPP, Max tow, Andersen Ultimate w/ Curt Double Lock hitch.
    2019 Grand Design Reflection 150 series 260RD.... SOLD!!!!.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post
    Shakes and clanks, although they sometimes make you cringe, seem to be a normal for any slide. On three campers of different makes they have always done it. At first I expected the worst thinking I'd see or hear parts fall off but nothing yet. My slide did get seriously out of sync with the rear getting far ahead of the front mid travel. Eventually it stuck on me and I needed to research how to get it back. At first I tried a reset of the master controller which would work temporarily. What did work was extending the slide and syncing the motors. In your case I don't think a 1/2" is a major concern but if it bothers you can try this procedure with your slide extended, It's described in the link: https://store.lci1.com/blog/retiming...syncing-issues

For future reference here is a link to a video of troubleshooting the controller: https://www.mygrandrv.com/forum/newr...reply&p=384973
    I had a 2001 Fleetwood Wilderness with one large gear driven slide. It worked well, noise free for the ten years I had it.
    Next was a 2010 Palomino Sabre with one giant slide and one large slide, both were screw drives. They too worked well and noise free for the ten years I had it.

Now I have the 2021 Momentum with two hydraulic slides that make all kinds of racket and do not operate smooth at all. The third slide is a small bedroom Schwintec slide, it works really smooth, though I read it has a bad reputation.... So far all have been trouble free....Though I am not impressed based on my experience of my previous two trailers.

I guess the noise and jerky motion does no harm so long as they continue to work trouble free.

Time will tell
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dryfly View Post
    This is not necessarily in relation to GD products but the industry as a whole. As one that does 99% of all repair to my trailer, I feel for those that have recently purchased new trailers and are experiencing issues they are unable to fix. Everyone is just not a DIY'er and that's understandable.

What's more disconcerting is that the industry has promoted "buy locally so you can get warranty work done in a timely manner". My understanding is many dealers will not do warranty work unless they sell the trailer, and the manufacturers are supporting these policies.

Well, many posts on this forum and others are showing that new owners are having significant issues with new trailers, and their local dealer service departments are taking weeks or months to repair the trailer. From a dealers standpoint, I would assume they make more money on routine out of warranty repairs that warranty repairs. That tells me who is going to be in line first to get repairs done.

Will all this change in a couple of years when we see a reversion to the means in RV sales? I realize increased sales, backordered parts, and Covid are a factor, but is this becoming the new norm? Just wondering.................
    "my experience with GD is related to a transportation issue that resulted in rust on the frame due to transpiration in the winter from GD to dealer. Absent the details, this ended up costing the dealer about $3000 to repair and an additional $3200 to repair the repair due to a quality control issue. I sent several message into GD with no reply; they own the origonal issue

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm a diy'er, partly out of necessity, partly because of distance, I live two hours from any dealer, and because I build custom cars and motorcycles, am more than capable. However, I also been an rv'er for 40 years, never needed warranty as most of it was minor, until I purchased our 19 Imagine 2600 RB. After 52 documented hours of road travel, it needed a complete undercarriage, GD bucked up for a minor part of it, and we were left to fix the rest under our own dollar. They replaced the springs, I installed them, then immediately had to deal with undersized axles, one of which promptly turned to spaghetti, the trailer is rated to 7000, and the axles were rated at 3500 each, making a fully loaded and ready to go trailer overweight and over the axles capacity. My unit weighs 6800 as delivered by the factory to the sales lot, I weighed it myself immediately after delivery to me.
    I note that the new 2600 RB, 2020 model has a beefier undercarriage, but GD insisted that mine was within specs and washed their hands of me, it clearly was not. $3600 later, it wears the best of new stuff under it, failure proof, even has better brakes, but would I buy another GD unit, or recommend one? Absolutely not.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First, let me say my heart goes out to anyone who takes delivery during Covid. The manufacturers are scavinging for parts and people to keep RV's moving to dealership. Quality is taking a major hit for all of them. If you bought your unit during the Chinese Plandemic, you must expect some warrenty issues.

Mine, an Imagine XLS 22 MLE had a refrigerator issue. Total fail at 10 months. Grand Design stepped up and stood tall. The dealer warrenty repair was fixed at no cost.

Yet as others have said, I was pushed to the bottom of the list. They wasted 4 weeks from review to parts ordered. Then they lied about when the parts would arrive. Two months, were about to become 4 months. I called Grand Design. They told me when the warrenty repair was authorized, and when our part was ordered, and when it should be delivered. I told the dealer I was ready to escalate to the owner and had their texts and Email proof. My refrigerator was fixed in 4 days!

My simple advice is that this is glory time for RV sales and Service. They have too much business to be fair or honest. My advice to all is to remember and vote with your wallet in the future. My "service" cost me 2 months time and aggrevation but not money. Vote with your Wallet!

Final Advice is that if you are able please choose not to do any the company with initials "HW". I will never give them any other chance.

BTW this is my 6th trailer over 40 years. I am NOT a newbe.

Sincerely

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    trailers are being like crap, dealers do not care about it.... manufacturers do not care either. Im not sure how different the airstream experience is, but im turned off to this industry as a whole. On a side note; we are still waiting on parts and still have repairs that are needed on our 2021 GD 2800bh purchased in jan of 2021. .... 8 months later, pathetic if you ask me.
    2022 Ram 2500 Laramie - Cummins
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wicked ace View Post

That's interesting to hear, I will keep that in mind. Although my slide on this cheap trailer is old school, just one motor and some gears. This is only my second trailer, the last was a Jayco with a slide that extended a fairly long ways (about 6 feet) using what appears to be the same kind of setup, and it never clanked or shook. That's just a sample size of one, granted, but it's what I've got .

So far my slide doesn't seem to be binding up, aside from a clank or two running it in or out, so I haven't put a high priority on getting someone out to look at it. We're getting close to the end of our camping season, I'm afraid (everything is booked solid!) so I'll have more time to see about figuring out what to do, if anything.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12