User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rude?

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I spent a lot of years tent camping in my younger years.....Deer Hunting and then Turkey hunts in the springtime. I slept in a tent when it was 95 degrees (unusually warm that spring season) and have gotten up and faced 15 degrees in a December late season Deer hunt. I did what I had to do if I wanted to participate in my hobby, and went about my business doing just that. I've been fortunate to have a decent job(s) over the years and to be quite honest, I have ZERO desire to camp in a tent now. We are enjoying some travel and taking our "house" with us....glamping I believe is the proper phrase to describe what we do. Heat, cool, refrigerator, shower, toilet, comfortable bed, microwave, fireplace, auto level.....pretty much the works.

We all evolve over the years and our needs/wants/desires change and where we are now, is simply a reflection of our evolution at this stage of our life......and we are certainly enjoying it, and I guess you might say that we've "paid our dues" to some extent along the road of life.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting to me that this is even raised as a question. I do not see running AC units as being rude; regardless of outdoor temperatures. I pay attention to quiet hours for playing music and even maintain awareness of the volume of our campfire conversation during quiet hours. I don't have a generator, but, I would put that into the category of something that should be managed during the day.

There are plenty of campgrounds that very effectively isolate tent campers (or even do not allow RVs) for those that desire a more primitive setting. In my days of tent camping, if I were camping at a site that was mixed in with 50amp, full hook-up sites; I'd have expected to hear ACs running.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    It's interesting to me that this is even raised as a question. I do not see running AC units as being rude; regardless of outdoor temperatures. I pay attention to quiet hours for playing music and even maintain awareness of the volume of our campfire conversation during quiet hours. I don't have a generator, but, I would put that into the category of something that should be managed during the day.

There are plenty of campgrounds that very effectively isolate tent campers (or even do not allow RVs) for those that desire a more primitive setting. In my days of tent camping, if I were camping at a site that was mixed in with 50amp, full hook-up sites; I'd have expected to hear ACs running.
    I don't think it was a serious question.

It is an awkward situation though, where one group in close proximity to another has fairly luxurious conditions while the other is not nearly as comfortable.

But I wouldn't trade all the trips I've taken staying in a tent for anything.
    John & Kathy
    2014 F250 Lariat FX4 6.2L SBCC
    2014 Reflection 303RLS
    SW Indiana

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We paid quite a bit of money to have something comfortable, with AC. We also pay more for hookups. Tent campers should not complain about those things. Someday they too will "move it on up". As @xrated says, we evolve over time and begin to enjoy more/different things.
    Bob (retired) & Vicki
    Scuba Diver
    US ARMY Vet (Go Cav!)
    2019 Reflection 31MB
    2019 Chevy 2500HD LT Crew Cab Gasser

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great topic! I just returned from a week long vacation in California’s Eastern Sierras. Absolutely stunning. I vacationed in a place I have been going to since 1996. Heavily wooded, no roads and full dry camping. In 1996 it was mostly tents, fast toward and over time it has become mostly rv’s and trailers.

In areas where the goals and resources are the same there is common ground, but with a mixture of tents and rv’s it is a bit more complex as needs and expectations are different. I feel sorry for the tent in between rv’s.
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Of course it's rude. You pay for the A/C for the look, not the function. Quit ruining the other guys vacation.
    Sit in your trailer and roast...wake up in a pool of flop sweat....
    2018 Dodge 3500 6.7 Cummins SRW w/Aisin
    2021 Reflection 303RLS
    New to RV'ing since 1997

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a different experience last summer. One tent camper in the midst of RV's.
    The tent camper kept the entire area awake with snoring, not the usual snore,
    it was loud enough to hear during the night with the a/c running. No one, including
    me thought he was rude. Probably an undiagnosed sleep apnea case. It was actually
    kinda funny. When awake he is a really nice guy.
    Bob A.
    Bob & Alice
    2020 Ram 3500 Limited Megacab SRW Aisin
    2020 Grand Design Imagine 2450RL
    ProPride 3P 1400 lb. bars WDH
    Micro Air easy start, Goodyear Endurance Load rated "E" Tires
    Titan 50 gallon diesel replacement tank
    Previous: 2019 Ram 1500 Limited

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

mUSt bE spECial

Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    2 ACs running is not rude, rude is 3 ACs and the door wide open.
    This is funny cause I`m guilty of this.

My A/C`s come on at 70 degrees not really conserned about the noise or waste of energy I paid my money for it.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't care how loud my ACs are.
    I do try to limit the loud sex if kids are around.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I had some tent campers next to me who came over to ask if I intended to turn off my rope lights at night that were outlining the patio area. We always do and I told them that. What I found interesting is that this campground has 5 loops. 2 electric and three non electric. Most of the non electric loops were empty. If you camp in an electric loop you better expect lights and AC’s to be on. I think turning lights off at night is respectful. I’m not turning off my AC when others made the choice to camp in electric.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12