Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Factory Solar Panel

This is more of a heads up for new, or any owners with the factory solar (300W panel). I am on my second panel (warranty), and on both, the screws on the middle cross brace have come out, causing the brace to hang from one side of the panel and bounce on the roof. The screws are self tapping metal screws, which usually have ridges on the inside of the head that act to lock the screw. For whatever reason (over/under torque...etc) the screws back out. The screw on the side of the middle of the roof is the one that goes first. I am on a three week trip, and my current quick repair is some Eternabond tape I carry to hold the brace in the proper position.

So far, no damage from the brace, only from the dealer that dropped the replacement panel and put a rip in my new roof.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the heads up. Took our new 31G on its first trip 2 weeks ago. This will now be part of my post trip inspection.