User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Another newbie that doesnt have a clue ????

I'm wanting to buy a used 260RD but first need to BUY A HITCH.......

I prefer to buy previously owned if I can conclude which one or two to search for ????

My truck is a 2003 Long Bed Dodge Ram 3500, Single Rear Tire.........so Im thinking
    I dont need a hitch that slides.......??????

How do I know that my 260RD will Sit Fairly Level when towing ???

Thanks for your patience in helping to educate me

Chuck Auburn,WA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The pin box on the camper will have multiple holes to allow adjustment over a couple inches in height and most hitches also have multiple holes (my B&W has 3 sets). With a longbed, you should not need a slider hitch.
    It seems to be a trial and error method to find the right combination of adjustments for your particular truck/ camper combo to achieve level camper and sufficient bed rail clearance.
    2019 2970RL
    2020 F250

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also I have added air bags on my 3500. These are a big help with leveling and ride

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2016 2500 CTD with the STD bed (6'4"). I have the Reese 16K Hitch with my 260RD. I do not use a sliding hitch due to the turning point that is on the 260s. I have a set of the Sumo Springs for the rear too. It keeps it very stable and it does not bounce around after going over a bump. Measured with the 260 it only lowers the back end 1" with the trailer connected to the truck. Its moves very little. I use the middle set of mounting holes in the hitch and its level when towing. It was too high after it was installed. I had to do an adjustment after a few tows with it.

If you search, you can find my post about being overweight with the 2500. It has since been corrected.

Good luck.
    Bobby K.
    2021 Reflection 150 260RD
    2016 Ram 2500 CTD
    Central Maryland