Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Winegard 360 Air

Hi,

Newbie to the forums. Purchased a Momentum G21 about a month ago and took it for a spin recently. At first campground we could not get any TV stations. Also no AM radio stations, but, did get 1 FM station. Figured it was a kind of out the way location so didn't worry about it until we got to the campground we go to regularly.

At that campground we had the same results. We knew a number of other campers around us and they received 20+ TV stations and all the Radio stations in the area on both AM and FM. So this was not good, Being in the electronics field I went to troubleshooting. Different TV no help. Verified all connections no help.

I set up an appointment with the RV dealer (another story for another time). I did check for stations at our storage location. Received plenty of stations, but, the towers were 10 miles away. Did get Most of the FM stations, some were missing and a number of AM stations.

I then contacted Wingard via phone. I was disconnected 3 times after 15-20 minutes. The next day I left it on speaker phone and after 44 minutes I got a tech support person. He asked for the zip codes of where we camped. He said "both those locations are bad TV locations". Hmmmm 3 other campers were getting plenty of stations. Poor line of site was what he kept saying. I kept telling him common sense says if 3 other campers are getting stations so should I. It's not like they were a mile away in different directions with line of sight around a mountain I was next to.

I asked about the radio and he ignored me. Just sat there typing. I asked again about stations and he said I need to go to some other sites. Those are poor line of site. I hung up on him.

I guess i'm left with the dealer. Uggg given a service appointment, but that only means you have a place in line to be serviced. No idea when it will get looked at.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems strange that 3 other campers which were shorter than my momentum could get so much and I get nothing.

Help!!!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Braz211 View Post
    Hi,

Newbie to the forums. Purchased a Momentum G21 about a month ago and took it for a spin recently. At first campground we could not get any TV stations. Also no AM radio stations, but, did get 1 FM station. Figured it was a kind of out the way location so didn't worry about it until we got to the campground we go to regularly.

At that campground we had the same results. We knew a number of other campers around us and they received 20+ TV stations and all the Radio stations in the area on both AM and FM. So this was not good, Being in the electronics field I went to troubleshooting. Different TV no help. Verified all connections no help.

I set up an appointment with the RV dealer (another story for another time). I did check for stations at our storage location. Received plenty of stations, but, the towers were 10 miles away. Did get Most of the FM stations, some were missing and a number of AM stations.

I then contacted Wingard via phone. I was disconnected 3 times after 15-20 minutes. The next day I left it on speaker phone and after 44 minutes I got a tech support person. He asked for the zip codes of where we camped. He said "both those locations are bad TV locations". Hmmmm 3 other campers were getting plenty of stations. Poor line of site was what he kept saying. I kept telling him common sense says if 3 other campers are getting stations so should I. It's not like they were a mile away in different directions with line of sight around a mountain I was next to.

I asked about the radio and he ignored me. Just sat there typing. I asked again about stations and he said I need to go to some other sites. Those are poor line of site. I hung up on him.

I guess i'm left with the dealer. Uggg given a service appointment, but that only means you have a place in line to be serviced. No idea when it will get looked at.

Anyone else have this issue? Seems strange that 3 other campers which were shorter than my momentum could get so much and I get nothing.

Help!!!

Is your booster switch on? I tried to get TV stations today without the booster - nothing. I turned it on and Voila!
    Peter Hoemsen
    Prince Albert SK Canada
    2022 337 RLS
    2021 GMC 2500 Duramax L5P

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If your booster is on it could be a loose cable.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    If your booster is on it could be a loose cable.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    I failed to mention that the booster was on. I tried swapping around cables on the booster board also, but nothing ever helps. I doing the swapping I made sure the connections were tight. When 10-15 miles from all the towers in the city near me, it seems to work great. I'm hoping the dealer will be able to just swap out the antenna system and try a new one. We will see.