Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Air 360+??

Hey gang, we just picked up a 2021 Reflection 315 rlts.
    It has a dome on the roof, and it has this little gateway/transmitter in the ceiling in the kitchen. Can anyone elaborate on exactly what this does and what options are available for it?
    Thanks

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As is, you can boost OTA tv and radio. If you look behind your tv where the cable cable plugs in there should be a button and when the booster is active a light will be on. With the 360+ you can purchase a gateway and get on cell wifi. It installs via the puck you have on the ceiling right below that dome.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks, can we talk about this a little more?
    Like I said I have an Air 360+ on the roof. I looked at the gateway thing that Winegard offers, is this the best route for a good personal internet connection?
    What is everyone using for a stable wifi connection?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    If you use the search function, search AIR 360, there is many diffrent threads on your inquiry.
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoJoSo View Post
    If you use the search function, search AIR 360, there is many diffrent threads on your inquiry.
    Thanks, yeah I've did that. I'm looking for real world, current opinions on what folks are doing 'now', not in 2018/19.

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schlepprock250 View Post
    Thanks, yeah I've did that. I'm looking for real world, current opinions on what folks are doing 'now', not in 2018/19.

I can't help you with current opinions as we don't have it. From what I've read on here, it's an OK booster. Some are better some are really more expensive. In the end they are just boosters. So you can't amplify what isn't there. I'm waiting for Star Link to be mobile. Data over cell phone is so expensive, specially in Canada and campground wifi is....

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by schlepprock250 View Post

I can give you a real world opinion based on putting the gateway in the day we bought the 345. First of all I paid more than I would have on Amazon & if I had realized how easy it was to hook up , I would have bought it there. That being said I think it’s a great addition. If the Solitude had not come with the 360+ I might have gone another way. I’m glad I didn’t. This gateway has been very good over the 3 months we’ve owned the 345. I recommend buying a SIM card from your cell phone carrier rather than the Winegard SIM that comes with the gateway. I get unlimited data for $20 a month. The gateway provides a WiFi connection inside & outside the trailer. If you set your phone to use WiFi calling you will have a much stronger signal. The gateway also has an antenna for boosting RV park WiFi signals. I believe the 360+ has 1 WiFi antenna, 2 cellular antennas & the omnidirectional tv antenna. The only negative, which doesn’t bother me, is that you do have to go on the router set up if you want to use RV park WiFi rather than having the cellular WiFi. I never use RV park WiFi because the systems are slow, get even slower when a lot of people are using them & most importantly are public WiFi so should never be used for banking etc. we have used the gateway in North Carolina, Florida, Georgia, Tennessee & Indiana & the cellular signal has always allowed us to stream tv shows & is plenty fast enough for work related computer work.

I installed the Sure Call cellular booster in my last fifth wheel & I was disappointed with the results. Of course it was just a cellular booster & I had to use my phone to access internet.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    ...... I get unlimited data for $20 a month. ........
    I'd like to know more about unlimited data for only $20/month...... (you know - the speed, any throttling after some amount of usage, carrier, contracts, etc....).

Also, any issues with cellular signal strength or what happens when you don't get a good connection with the carrier.

I currently piggy-back (repeat) campground WiFi when it is adequate ) mostly for privacy and convenience issues. And I have a WeBoost RV 65 that I find increases signal very well but actually can slow down the data connection. Most of the time I just use my phone as a hot spot. But I don't steam a lot although I can and have via the phone.

So I am always interest in good, affordable alternatives that are "on demand" (there when I want them, stopped when I am not traveling).

Thanks.
    Last edited by traveldawg; 08-04-2021 at 11:14 AM.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    I'd like to know more about unlimited data for only $20/month...... (you know - the speed, any throttling after some amount of usage, carrier, contracts, etc....).

Also, any issues with cellular signal strength or what happens when you don't get a good connection with the carrier.

I currently piggy-back (repeat) campground WiFi when it is adequate ) mostly for privacy and convenience issues. And I have a WeBoost RV 65 that I find increases signal very well but actually can slow down the data connection. Most of the time I just use my phone as a hot spot. But I don't steam a lot although I can and have via the phone.

So I am always interest in good, affordable alternatives that are "on demand" (there when I want them, stopped when I am not traveling).

Thanks.
    I have the AT&T Elite plan. I asked for a SIM card for a tablet. No throttling & unlimited data.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    First find out if you have the 360 or the 360+. If you have the plus + you’ll next need to find out if the device in your kitchen is a bracket for the GW1000 (gateway) router, the actual gateway router itself or something else. If it’s the gateway router then you can set up a hotspot. In order to do that you need your gateways network name and password. You’ll also need either an AT&T or Verizon SIM card with unlimited data. You can try and buy data from Winegard but that is difficult and expensive. Your 360+ antenna will give you great over the Air TV. It’s also supposed to amplify campground WiFi but it doesn’t. It does amplify 4g (and below). In order to take advantage of that you need the SIM card. If you have the 360+ but not the router you can buy the router for around $300.00. The first thing I’d do is ask you dealer to explain which equipment you have and how you use it. Once you get it working it great.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast