User Tag List

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Who else has lost a roof

Last Friday we left town to go back to Illinois. Our visit was to spend time with our grandkids for a birthday party.

We left town and 10 mins into our 14 hr trip a car pulled next to us and pointed up. Right away I knew this would not be a good thing. I pulled over onto the shoulder on I-94 and this is what I saw.

We went to the next exit and went home.

It sucks, we spent a lot to get quality and we have had nothing but issues.

I called grand design to see what they would do. I have to give them credit they are going to fix it. Even though we owned the camper for 15 months, but no more camping this year. Also we wanted to sell it, now it going to be worth less next year when it’s fixed.

Any other roof issues out there.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	E050A217-9C20-497A-9249-CFCBC09A0C14.jpg 
Views:	323 
Size:	1.21 MB 
ID:	35790Click image for larger version. 

Name:	67C3CFC1-8C99-482B-AF18-9B0BE23496B4.jpg 
Views:	242 
Size:	1.50 MB 
ID:	35791
    2020 Solitude 385GK-R
    2020 Ram 3500 Laramie Long Horn short box, mega cab, SRW, HO with Aisin Tranny
    B&W goose neck
    Companion Slider

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That really sucks but like you said, at least they'll fix it.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That is sad and uncalled for but I know it has happened before because I have seen it on a GD product. No workers, product shortage, rush rush rush, then Winnebago steps in. Crowed noisy parks etc etc.... I have seen this pattern developing for two years now or more. Sometimes the truth is not good. I have 30,000 miles on my Reflection 337 but cost at sites and things to do is getting out of control.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That’s really sad. Sorry to hear about it. We are on our third 4 night trip with our new 303RLS. Had a broken screw in a cabinet hinge and some sharp tacks in the carpet in the bedroom. No big deal until this trip. A fan on the back of the fridge self destructed and we are leaking water under the camper when the pump is on. I can probably replace the fan. I hope the water leak isn’t creating any damage. I’m going to show the dealer some pics this week and see what they say. I have 3 more trips planned and would hate to be without water or have this in for warranty work and have to cancel the trips.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It isn't pretty thats for sure, I've heard about a few roofs peeling back over the short life of GD s production. Their roof warranty extends well past the 3 year structure warranty and it is good to see that GD stood up to their warranty and is fixing it. Having a new roof may help the sale since there was no signs of water damage...save those pictures for when it goes up for sale as visual proof of the roof having no water damage.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YouTube RV Roof Install. There are plenty of examples of the quality of roofs on new and older RVs. Doesn't really matter what brand it is, they all follow the same basic model of roof construction and materials. Even million dollar motorhomes will surprise you. I'm sure you wouldn't want to spend the money for the quality that RV Roof Install does since you are selling it, but it's a great way to see how they are constructed. Sorry that you have to deal with that, there's no excuse for it.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Mine did the same. I'm still waiting patiently to get it repaired. Grand Design is taking care of it, which is good. I'm 2000 miles from home and no dealer nearby will touch it since I didn't buy it from them, but that's a separate issue. The local non GD dealer/service center is going to do it but like everyone else, they're booked out solid. It's almost my turn though.
    Mine is a 2020 built in July of '19, well before covid production issues can be blamed.

2020 310GK - 2011 F350 SRW

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How difficult is it to correctly install a roof on a new trailer? I'm sure they have using the same TPO roofing material and the same adhesive for several years now. I've only done minor roof repairs but, is it that really difficult to spread the adhesive and get 4 sides of the roofing material under the trim?
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by titanxd View Post
    No workers, product shortage, rush rush rush, then Winnebago steps in.
    Ain't no shortage of workers and other resources in their customer invoicing and billing department, I'll garontee.
    Last edited by grassmaster; 08-07-2021 at 05:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Sorry to hear this. It's truly mind-boggling that the RV manufacturers can't make a roof that won't blow off. Luckily, mine is still attached but I bet I've met at least a dozen campers on the interstate with roofs flapping in the wind over the last couple of years.
    2019 Ford F250SD FX4
    2020 Reflection MKS320

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast