User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Eastern shore Chesapeake bay/ Nor Cal Sacramento a
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hi,This is my first post. Just brought home my 2022 260RD . Wasn’t able to get the answer to a few questions at dealer orientation. I would like to convert to a Lithium battery 200amp. My converter is WFCO WF-9800LiS series, manual says it it’s charging profile can be changed from lead acid to lithium’s. You install a jumper wire in the back where connections points are, and that changes it to a higher voltage to charge lithium’s. Has anyone with a WF-9800LiS changed it to lithium charge profile? Where is my converter located?, and how do I access it.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Simplex gold View Post
    Hi,This is my first post. Just brought home my 2022 260RD . Wasn’t able to get the answer to a few questions at dealer orientation. I would like to convert to a Lithium battery 200amp. My converter is WFCO WF-9800LiS series, manual says it it’s charging profile can be changed from lead acid to lithium’s. You install a jumper wire in the back where connections points are, and that changes it to a higher voltage to charge lithium’s. Has anyone with a WF-9800LiS changed it to lithium charge profile? Where is my converter located?, and how do I access it.
    Sometimes the Converter is behind a panel next to (or beneath) your electrical service panel.

It looks like your 9800LIS is a stand-alone unit, these are usually located behind the Electric Service panel. Often you will need to remove a panel inside the hold area to gain access to the area behind the electrical service panel.

This is the first time I have heard that the OEM/WFICO Converters can be jumppered (or switched) to allow them to charge Lithium batteries. This is good news for the RV Industry as a whole.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    Sometimes the Converter is behind a panel next to (or beneath) your electrical service panel.

It looks like your 9800LIS is a stand-alone unit, these are usually located behind the Electric Service panel. Often you will need to remove a panel inside the hold area to gain access to the area behind the electrical service panel.

This is the first time I have heard that the OEM/WFICO Converters can be jumppered (or switched) to allow them to charge Lithium batteries. This is good news for the RV Industry as a whole.
    I am not so sure about that. The WFCO converters have such a poor record, I wouldn't trust my expensive batteries with one...Good quality, proven brands are not that much money.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks to all who replied here. I've been busy wiring the battery bank, but wanted to let you know that I got the lugs I needed from a welding supply shop here. Holes were bigger than I wanted, but I made up the difference with washers to ensure adequate contact and secure fitting. I was also able to source some from amazon after the help here, and I've got to say the ones from the local welding supply were MUCH higher quality. For the crimping I used a hammer crimper, and it worked well enough. Not pretty, but effective.
    2018 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
    2020 Ram 3500 SRW
    https://c2.staticflickr.com/8/7803/4...56f2161a_m.jpg

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chemist308 View Post
    I was also able to source some from amazon after the help here, and I've got to say the ones from the local welding supply were MUCH higher quality.
    99% of the stuff on Amazon is crap. You have to get a feel for identifying the Chinesium brands, and excluding them. Amazon does carry some brands of high quality lugs, just have to filter out the garbage to find them.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JKellerJr View Post

There are other cheaper ways to crimp them on but I bought this and it works great. Made my life much easier.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00HJXG3KM...roduct_details
    Jeez.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

-Steve
    Steve and Renee
    2018 Solitude 310GK, disc brakes, Morryde SRE4000/XFactor with heavy duty shackles
    2012 Ram 3500 SRW 6.7 Diesel, air bags
    18k B&W Companion, non-slider
    640 watts solar, 400 amp-hour Lion Safari UT 1300 battery bank
    Aims 1500 watt inverter/charger with ATS
    Somerset, WI

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I hear what you're saying, but what was advertised as 4/0 AWG clearly does not fit my 4/0 Gauge wire--opening looks to be about 1/2 the diameter my stripped cable, so I'm guessing they really sent 4 AWG lugs.
    I recently bought 4/0 cable and lugs from amazon separate and they were correct. While searching for the lugs i noticed comments on some items where people said the lugs were 4 and not 4/0 so i avoided those items. Sounds like you got mislabelled items.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Ali express is another source

Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    That style of crimper is the best, however, Amazon does have much cheaper (and Good) versions available. A little searching will save you big bucks.

Here is the one I purchased for ~ $40 (prices have risen):

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Aliexpress has the same tool for less, but then you wait for shipping.
    Mark and Amy Williams East Tennessee (Go VOLS), Retired and rollin'
    GD 303RLS (2020), Ford F250 King Ranch (2018), Brussel Sprout (fur baby co-pilot), Champion Inverter Hybrid Generator,

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm in the middle of a battery bank install and have the required 4/0 cable. I open the box for my lugs from Amazon, and surprise--the assorted lug kit witch advertised 4/0 lugs only has up to 4 AWG. So far I've learned that Lowes, Home Depot, Tractor Supply, Ace Hardware, Advance Auto, O'Reilly Auto parts, and even the Northern Tool--wife drove an hour and a half for that one--all do not carry 4/0 Gauge lugs. And Amazon offers 4/0 AWG--which is not 4/0 Gauge, it's 4 AWG!

People here have done 400 to 600AH battery banks. which do require 4/0 wire. Question is, where did you source your wire lugs?
    Hi there. I'm confused. 4/0 wire is good for 315 amps at 90 degrees C. That's the size wire used for 400 amp electrical welder cables. You'll need to either solder the wire (with a really, really big and hot soldering iron), get the expensive lugs that can be smashed with a big hammer, or a use a hydraulic "studder" to make the correct crimp for that current.

#4 copper wire is good for 100 amps. I connected my two batteries in parallel with #4 wire.

To finally answer your main question, you should look up and go to a local electrical supply house where commercial electricians go for supplies. FYI, those lugs are several dollars each, and it is doubtful they will have the ability to crimp them for you.

I am sorry if I sounded condescending as that was not my intention. Just trying to help. Frank.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fez111 View Post
    Hi there. I'm confused. 4/0 wire is good for 315 amps at 90 degrees C. That's the size wire used for 400 amp electrical welder cables. You'll need to either solder the wire (with a really, really big and hot soldering iron), get the expensive lugs that can be smashed with a big hammer, or a use a hydraulic "studder" to make the correct crimp for that current.

#4 copper wire is good for 100 amps. I connected my two batteries in parallel with #4 wire.

To finally answer your main question, you should look up and go to a local electrical supply house where commercial electricians go for supplies. FYI, those lugs are several dollars each, and it is doubtful they will have the ability to crimp them for you.

I am sorry if I sounded condescending as that was not my intention. Just trying to help. Frank.
    When you have a 3000 Watt Inverter and you have a 12v battery bank, the amps can get rather high. The other reason for running such high gauge cables is to minimize losses in your cable runs. Most 12v systems use 4/0 cabling for the 12 volt cables going to the buss-bar, the Inverter and between the batteries.

Such heavy gauge cabling is not required if you are not running a 3000 Watt Inverter, or are running your system at higher voltage, for example: I am only running 1/0 gauge cabling for my 24 volt system with a 3000 Watt Inverter.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast