User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TV swing mount 310gk?

We are starting our search for a retirement camper for full time in 2-3 years.

Currently its a 310gk, 310rl (alliance), 310rlts northpoint and 3121 montana. The wife and I like a lot of things on the gk over the other 3 but something we both absolutely despise is the televator.
    Is there an easy way to mount the tv on a swing arm instead of the goofy televator? Cant believe these companies dont allow this as an option.

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Scoobert View Post
    We are starting our search for a retirement camper for full time in 2-3 years.

Currently its a 310gk, 310rl (alliance), 310rlts northpoint and 3121 montana. The wife and I like a lot of things on the gk over the other 3 but something we both absolutely despise is the televator.
    Is there an easy way to mount the tv on a swing arm instead of the goofy televator? Cant believe these companies dont allow this as an option.
    On the 310 GK, the reason for the Televator versus a permanently mounted swing arm is because of the window behind the TV. Without the Televator, you couldn't see out the window and the "openness" of the coach is diminished.

May I ask, exactly what do you and your wife dislike about the Televator?

Personally, my wife and I love the Televator, it securely stows the TV for travel and the open countertop when the TV is stowed is very nice and the window gives the coach a nice "airy" feeling. We find nothing objectionable about the Televator, as a matter of fact, we think it is quite cool.

PS: it is quite easy to operate.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    On the 310 GK, the reason for the Televator versus a permanently mounted swing arm is because of the window behind the TV. Without the Televator, you couldn't see out the window and the "openness" of the coach is diminished.

May I ask, exactly what do you and your wife dislike about the Televator?

Personally, my wife and I love the Televator, it securely stows the TV for travel and the open countertop when the TV is stowed is very nice and the window gives the coach a nice "airy" feeling. We find nothing objectionable about the Televator, as a matter of fact, we think it is quite cool.

PS: it is quite easy to operate.
    Dislikes:
    See no need for a window with a view of my neighbors campsite.
    Our TV would be up all the time except for travel.
    Requires twice the space of a tv alone. All the wasted space of the "tv storage cabinet" that could be used for other things instead of a tv slide unit
    Limits the size of the tv to the one that came in the unit.
    Locks the tv to face one direction. Sit on the right side of the couch and watch tv, you cant. Sit at the end of the island and watch tv, you cant.
    The weight, complexity and reliability issues of a powered tv raiser vs just a simple tv swingarm.

If you like it I think that's great, I would just never have another 5th wheel with one in it.

Mentioned
    189 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dislikes:
    Requires twice the space of a tv alone. All the wasted space of the "tv storage cabinet" that could be used for other things instead of a tv slide unit
    Locks the tv to face one direction. Sit on the right side of the couch and watch tv, you cant. Sit at the end of the island and watch tv, you cant.
    The weight, complexity and reliability issues of a powered tv raiser vs just a simple tv swingarm.

If you like it I think that's great, I would just never have another 5th wheel with one in it.
    We also love the window over the TV/fireplace. You would not have access to a storage cabinet in the occupied space with the fireplace there, anyway. Another issue would be the weight of a 50" TV on a swing-out mount during travel - and there's no way to mount that type of mount with the window there, either (unless you were to get a bottom-mount, strengthen the top of the cabinet, and mount it that way). Why would you want anything larger than a 50" TV in an RV? It completely fills the space available. I sit where the sofa used to be (in my Ekorness Stressless recliner) and can see the entire TV perfectly well. We have had zero issues with the (very simple) televator by MORryde.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Dislikes:

I'm thinking the 310GK isn't for you.

You can't delete the window, you can delete the televator, you can't put in a bigger TV as the space is limited by the cabinet to the right and wall to the left (not to mention the hight) unless you mount it so far forward it makes access to the cabinets above and to the side awkward to get to.

It sounds like you have/ad a 5th wheel before, hence the dislike for the window. I find it doesn't matter if the window is there since the TV blocks it anyway. So kind of out of site, out of mind. And there is the issue of the window over the stove top too; although I think the Montana you're looking at has the same window placement.

In ours the only time you can't see the TV is when cooking over the stove so I'm not sure what a swing arm gains you.

So, like I said, maybe the floor plan isn't for you. Maybe one with a rear TV might be better????
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You would not have access to a storage cabinet in the occupied space with the fireplace there, anyway. A

Rob
    You're right just doesnt seem feasible with the the way GD had forced you to take this option or nothing. Sadly I guess I will just look at other brands.

Thanks for the input guys, I do appreciate it. Loos like I will lean towards the Paradigm 310rl, thankfully we have a year or 2 to decide.

310rl tv is kinda what I was after
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2021-Alliance-Paradigm-310RL-17174D-106853.jpg   2021-Alliance-Paradigm-310RL-Rear-Living-with-Theatre-Seating-Fifth-Wheel-T19631-105030.jpg