User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have a 2019 230RL. Mine does not have a 70 gal grey tank. It has two 35 gal tanks. One for the shower and sink in bathroom and the other is for the kitchen sink. So filling up a 35 gal tank to 2/3 full takes less water than filling up a 70 offal tank. However, my sensors are very unreliable and I know from experience how many showers it takes to fill the tank.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ynot4me2 View Post
    As others have said. You'll get to know your rig and won't need to rely on those sensors. So far on ours we've been lucky with the sensors using the Geo Method. This is what we use, https://kleentank.com/the-geo-method/. It's a short article with the mixture recipe at the end. It's real cheap to make and many have had success.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Thanks for posting that. I'm going to try this method. My question is one of timing. When do I put the mixture in, after I dump tanks?
    2022 Ford F350 4x4 King Ranch dually
    gasser with speed transmission
    3.55 gears and pulling a 337 RLS

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by OSU Sig View Post
    Thanks for posting that. I'm going to try this method. My question is one of timing. When do I put the mixture in, after I dump tanks?
    I do it right after dumping after unless I'm at a public dump site (not to hold up the line) or winterizing. 1 cup in the toilet with 5 gallon and 1 cup (you can use just 1/2 cup) in the bathroom sink followed with enough water to get it passed the p trap.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Ok, still learning about my 230RL but this is strange (to me anyway).

To explain this best as I can......"thought" I did a good and thorough dump of gray and black tanks after last adventure, got ready yesterday for the current trip (Grand Lake) so, added mixture and 5 gallons water to black tank....traveled to Gander RV and let everything slosh around, go to Gander and dumped black, chasing it with gray water until all clear, pumped hose water in, all good, nothing else came out.....got to Grand late yesterday, ok, all that said to get to this....

...we showered last night, no dishes yet, nothing more to create gray water but yet, I press my tank button and it shows 2/3 full......what the heck.....am I just not doing something right at nautilus panel to get gray tank empty?
    Dump black tank followed by gray flush.....isn't it just pulling the handles, no swith-ology on the panel......right??
    It has to be me and not doing something right. I just know I could by no means have 2/3 gray full by two showers.....70 gallon holding tank.....we take our showers correctly.

Someone please tell me I'm doing something wrong.

Thanks and sorry for the long note.....just wanted to make sure all the story was covered.

Ray
    That sounds about right. Any type of shampoo, soap scum, cooking grease or food particles that goes inside the Gray tank we'll stick to the walls and cause a current restriction between the 2 sensors I think just about everybody has experienced this. The only time my sensor's ever read fully empty is after the RV sits for about 2 months with nothing in the tank and everything can actually dry out 100%.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We just did a 7 day dry camping in Northe. Mn.
    50 gallon black, 50 gallon grey x 2 ( kitchen/bathroom)
    150 gallon capacity.
    Fresh water filled at 92 gallons.

After day 7 we showed 2/3 on all waste tanks (even though they showed 1/3 full on day 1). Mind you, we haven't done the GEO method since returning from TX in April. So obviously the sensors were tanked (excuse the pun)

I don't get worked up about what the gages say anymore. We know our limits. And do the math, 150 gallons of waste water doesnt equal 93 gallons of fresh water.
    Upon returning home I dropped about 20 gallons of fresh water onto the drive way.
    Last edited by Sportsdad60; 08-07-2021 at 06:18 PM.
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I put the GEO like solution in my grey tanks periodically (1 per 3 weeks usage). Sensors always good.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I empty my black tank and thoroughly flush it. It reads empty. Then I put 2.5 gallons of water in it and it reads 1/3 full. As others have said, don’t rely on the sensors to be accurate.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My black tank has been 2/3 full for the past year. I blame my wife.
    Imagine 2020 2670MK,
    2021 RAM 2500

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Bahahahahaha
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)