User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)

345 gk versus 310gk

We are new to the Grand Design Family & purchased our 355 GK in April of this year. We looked at both the 345 & the 310 & ultimately picked the 345 because of the desk at the rear of the trailer. It seems that both models are very similar with the refrigerator & seating on opposite ends from each other.

I see a ton of posts on the 310 but none on the 345. Is the 345 unpopular or is it a new model just recently introduced? If you own either of these models & considered both what made you pick the model you’ve purchased? Or if you know if the 345 is a new model line please educate me b
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    We are new to the Grand Design Family & purchased our 355 GK in April of this year. We looked at both the 345 & the 310 & ultimately picked the 345 because of the desk at the rear of the trailer. It seems that both models are very similar with the refrigerator & seating on opposite ends from each other.

I see a ton of posts on the 310 but none on the 345. Is the 345 unpopular or is it a new model just recently introduced? If you own either of these models & considered both what made you pick the model you’ve purchased? Or if you know if the 345 is a new model line please educate me b
    We took delivery on our 345GK-R in April of this year; and so far, we love it. There were a couple of things that the dealer screwed up but those have mostly been resolved to our satisfaction (although the process took some time). We considered the 310GK seriously last fall when we were in the market. This is our 3rd 5th wheel; the last one was a 2014 Solitude 369RL, and that was 2 feet longer than the 345: we needed the space because both Merna and I needed space to work (I owned a business and she designs jewelry and does other skilled things: we took out the rear sofa-sleeper and put up work tables). When we decided to trade, now that we're fully retired, we looked at the 310GK (shorter, and therefore a good choice, it seemed, since we don't need as much work-space now); but then a dealer showed us a 345 that was on the lot, and we both felt better about the layout and space usage (especially the pantry, more capacious than in the 310).

My sense is that many choose the 310 because it's something of a sweet spot in terms of the right amount of space for 2 people, and shorter is better, as long as one has enough space. For us, the 345 is just what we want. We're loving it.

But I don't know that I've really answered your question.

Jim
    Jim and Merna

2021 Solitude 345GK-R w/ 17.5 wheels/Cooper H-rated tires (replacing a 2014 Solitude 369RL).
    8k axles upgraded with Mor-Ryde IS/disc brakes and Solar (1280 watts + 800Ah Lithium batteries).
    2015 F-350 6.7 diesel SRW, Curt 20k hitch.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimibooks View Post
    We took delivery on our 345GK-R in April of this year; and so far, we love it. There were a couple of things that the dealer screwed up but those have mostly been resolved to our satisfaction (although the process took some time). We considered the 310GK seriously last fall when we were in the market. This is our 3rd 5th wheel; the last one was a 2014 Solitude 369RL, and that was 2 feet longer than the 345: we needed the space because both Merna and I needed space to work (I owned a business and she designs jewelry and does other skilled things: we took out the rear sofa-sleeper and put up work tables). When we decided to trade, now that we're fully retired, we looked at the 310GK (shorter, and therefore a good choice, it seemed, since we don't need as much work-space now); but then a dealer showed us a 345 that was on the lot, and we both felt better about the layout and space usage (especially the pantry, more capacious than in the 310).

My sense is that many choose the 310 because it's something of a sweet spot in terms of the right amount of space for 2 people, and shorter is better, as long as one has enough space. For us, the 345 is just what we want. We're loving it.

But I don't know that I've really answered your question.

Jim
    Actually you answered it very well. Thanks for sharing your decision making process. I still wonder if the 345GK is popular. I noticed in your signature that you are getting the Morryde IS suspension & disc brakes. I just got the disc brake upgrade yesterday at Morryde. I wanted IS also because I had it on my prior 2 fifth wheels. Morryde was able to fit me in for the disc brakes because it’s a one day job. I’ll see how well the CRE 3000 suspension handles & go on the waiting list for the IS suspension. Morryde is a great company that treats their customers very very well. You’ll love the experience there & the IS suspension & disc brakes are an excellent investment for safety & comfort. As we were traveling over to Elkhart from LaGrange I decided to try a practice emergency stop using only the electric brakes on the Solitude. One wheel locked up & the others did very little stopping. With disc brakes you don’t need to worry about equally adjusted brakes.
    Thanks again for the info on your decision to go with the 345 rather than the 310.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Actually you answered it very well. Thanks for sharing your decision making process. I still wonder if the 345GK is popular. I noticed in your signature that you are getting the Morryde IS suspension & disc brakes. I just got the disc brake upgrade yesterday at Morryde. I wanted IS also because I had it on my prior 2 fifth wheels. Morryde was able to fit me in for the disc brakes because it’s a one day job. I’ll see how well the CRE 3000 suspension handles & go on the waiting list for the IS suspension. Morryde is a great company that treats their customers very very well. You’ll love the experience there & the IS suspension & disc brakes are an excellent investment for safety & comfort. As we were traveling over to Elkhart from LaGrange I decided to try a practice emergency stop using only the electric brakes on the Solitude. One wheel locked up & the others did very little stopping. With disc brakes you don’t need to worry about equally adjusted brakes.
    Thanks again for the info on your decision to go with the 345 rather than the 310.
    Just out of curiosity how much did the disc brake upgrade run.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

I have never seen the inside of 345, but looking at the floor plan it looks to me like you can't get to the refer with the slid outs closed for me that is a deal braker.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    Just out of curiosity how much did the disc brake upgrade run.
    Morryde charged $2569. Worth it for the peace of mind!
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Malco1 View Post
    I have never seen the inside of 345, but looking at the floor plan it looks to me like you can't get to the refer with the slid outs closed for me that is a deal braker.
    We pack our lunch so it’s not an issue for us. Getting a desk is a great benefit.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We look at the 345 and my wife liked that one she love the desk in the back but we like the 310 better.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    On our maiden voyage with our 345 GKR, right now, we traded up from a 303RLS Reflection and appreciate the king bed, extra room and the 6 point jacks. We were able to find one with Cotton interior and love the lighter colors. We travel with our African Grey Parrot, she was a little spooked when we first arrived but has settled into the new digs. Haven't found issues with coach so far. We love this coach.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    We look at the 345 and my wife liked that one she love the desk in the back but we like the 310 better.
    Same here - I liked the desk and the fact that they switched the slides from the 344. Did not like the smaller size of the mini sofa or not being able to open the refer in the 344 or 345. I would have preferred the extra inside length (seating area around the table is much more friendly) of the 345 but my wife is set on shorter so it looks like it will be the 310. 310 has much more open window area (maybe that's a negative for some but we like). The extra 250 hitch weight was also on my mind. Both nice units and I like my desk space but....sigh....
    Last edited by ajg617; 08-22-2021 at 06:09 PM.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast