User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    ^Good to know. Somewhere I thought I read 65 mph, but probably was a do not exceed speed warning disclaimer and not the tire speed rating - I made that incorrect association.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    There are dozens threads re: the residential refrigerator ("R model"). The people that have them typically swear by them and would never go back to an RV fridge. People that don't have them generally don't want them. I'm from the former camp.
    I have read a few accounts from people that boondock, not being happy with their residential fridge. Mostly the draw on the batteries..... Now only a few is signifignant considering that the campground rvers vastly outnumber the boondockers.

On an aside, I read a lot of posts here about the mods people are doing to their propane large fridges to attain apceptacle performance. I was prepared to make some improvements on mine... I am happy to report tha my 18 cu ft works great as it came from the factory. It seems that someone was reading of the problems and made some changes... And I am in Phoenix AZ. It gets pretty hot here on a regular basis.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    The wheels would have to be switched out. The OEM tires are 16" and the Coopers are 17.5 (as optioned by GD). It would be an expensive proposition. The wheels supplied with the Coopers are 17.5X6.75-8-6.5; the wheels supplied with the Westlake LR Gs are 16X6 8-6.5.

Rob
    I'm not sure, but check before getting 17.5" rims that the lug nut pattern and sizes are the same. Someone recently told me that they require a different hub.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Depends on whether you have to change wheels too, and what size tire you decide to go to.
    My brother has "H" rated tires on his Forest River Hathaway. They are rated 140 PSI cold. The rims that came with my Solitude are rated 110 MAX. Not sure "H" rated tires would be a viable option.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12