User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Convert to Coopers H rated

How much $$ to convert to H rated Coopers for a 310GK??

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Depends on whether you have to change wheels too, and what size tire you decide to go to.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hoopy Frood View Post
    Depends on whether you have to change wheels too, and what size tire you decide to go to.
    The wheels would have to be switched out. The OEM tires are 16" and the Coopers are 17.5 (as optioned by GD). It would be an expensive proposition. The wheels supplied with the Coopers are 17.5X6.75-8-6.5; the wheels supplied with the Westlake LR Gs are 16X6 8-6.5.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks Rob
    Curious I see you as well have the 310GK, how do you like full timing with it there in Las Cruces? I’m thinking about going full time as well when I retire next spring. I’m over in Roswell..

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeST View Post
    Thanks Rob
    Curious I see you as well have the 310GK, how do you like full timing with it there in Las Cruces? I’m thinking about going full time as well when I retire next spring. I’m over in Roswell..
    We're not in Las Cruces, Mike - we just visit there whenever we can since I still have family there (it's my home town). We stay on the move most of the time. We will, however, be spending the winter there this year to be near my sisters and my late wife's 93-year-old mother. My mother was originally from Lovington, so I know the eastern part of the state well, too.

We spent our first 4-1/2 years full-time in a Reflection 337. When we decided to stay on the road as long as health permits, we moved up to the Solitude to get features we knew we would want/need that our Reflection didn't have. We are very happy with the 310GK-R and it is the perfect couple's floor plan for us.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We’re thinking of upgrading to a Momentum 395MS for full time but pros and cons of a larger rig??

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do you recommend the R model refrigerator etc??

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I replaced the West Lakes with Carlisle CDL16 about 2 months ago, just in time to decide to sell the 310GK..

So far they been great and replaced with the original size from stock. Some people go to the next larger size but the spacing between the tires is greatly reduced.
    The Carlisle CDL16 are 81mph rated and West Lakes are 65mph. Not that I go 81mph, but when out of CA we do travel a 65mph and knowing the tires are traveling at max speed makes me uneasy.

If we order a new rig, We are going with the 17.5" tires and 8k axles w/ disc brakes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------
    2021 RAM 3500 MegaCab SWD Diesel 4x4
    SOLD --> 2020 Solitude 310GK

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MikeST View Post
    Do you recommend the R model refrigerator etc??
    There are dozens threads re: the residential refrigerator ("R model"). The people that have them typically swear by them and would never go back to an RV fridge. People that don't have them generally don't want them. I'm from the former camp.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Grand Rocky View Post
    I replaced the West Lakes with Carlisle CDL16 about 2 months ago, just in time to decide to sell the 310GK..

So far they been great and replaced with the original size from stock. Some people go to the next larger size but the spacing between the tires is greatly reduced.
    The Carlisle CDL16 are 81mph rated and West Lakes are 65mph. Not that I go 81mph, but when out of CA we do travel a 65mph and knowing the tires are traveling at max speed makes me uneasy.

If we order a new rig, We are going with the 17.5" tires and 8k axles w/ disc brakes.
    The Westlake load range G tires that come on the Solitudes are speed rating L - 75 MPH.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast