User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

HELP! I have a question about a setup.

Towing a Solitude 310gk or a ST3540GK with a PullRite Superlite #2600 hitch with a short bed does anyone have this setup? I am talking to the dealer about trading in my 5th wheel for one and this is the hitch I have now or do I need to get a slider. Is their anyone towing one of these with the AUH also? Thank you guys for your comments.
    2022 GMC Denali Ultimate DRW
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    MSG Spartacus, your question is one that opens an industrial barrel of debate.
    IMHO, the AUH is a fine goose ball hybrid when the base is located behind the ball in the truck and configured with the rubber mat under the hitch base, I made one out of a stall mat from Tractor Supply.
    Personally if the AUH had not been already matched with the rig, I would have purchased a B & W OEM Companion slider because of the short bed. At this point the AUH has served me well and I am not ready to make another investment.
    I am sure I did not answer your question, however, I too struggle with this issue and it just came down to working with and adjusting what I have.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
    Towing a Solitude 310gk or a ST3540GK with a PullRite Superlite #2600 hitch with a short bed does anyone have this setup? I am talking to the dealer about trading in my 5th wheel for one and this is the hitch I have now or do I need to get a slider. Is their anyone towing one of these with the AUH also? Thank you guys for your comments.
    I had a disaster with a pullrite auto slider on a Ram 2500 short bed and 2017 Solitude (I don't remember the model, but it was 39' and 5 slide outs). I think the problem was that you can't use a robo flex pin box with an auto slider. Anyway the capture plate spun around and when I tried to make a U turn the rig destroyed the cabin of the truck. The truck was crushed almost up to the front seat and was totaled. I was charged with an accident by my insurance co. Oh by the way the rig only had a scrape on the corner which was actually buffed out.
    Now I have a B&W Companion manual slider, which worked great on my 303, but is a little hard to lock up, probably because of the MorRyde pin box and the extra weight of the trailer.
    Mal & Helen
    With Mitzi our Yorkie
    2021 Solitude 310GK-R
    2020 Reflection 303RLS Sold
    2020 Ford F250 Lariat Super Duty 4WD 6.7 Diesel Short Bed
    B&W Companion Slider
    Amateur Radio Call sign WA2TWA

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you guys for your comments the dealer guy didn't call me like I though he would so we could talk about the price of the 5th wheel but I wanted to do my homework to see if I needed to get another hitch, which I don't want to do but with a wider body I might hit my cab.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I use the Superglide on my F250 and have been pleased. We have a 2930 which is a 34' fifth wheel. We've towed about 15,000 miles so far without any issues. If you get this hitch, read the manual and do the maintenance, checking bolts and proper lubrication.
    2019 F250 Lariat
    2020 Solitude S 2930RL
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wanna' see the dent in my cab (small, but still there none-the-less) from when I tried a tight turn with my AUTO SLIDER which I had installed too far forward? Just get an auto slider and forget about worrying when/where you turn. oh - and install it right - just forward or at least over the rear end where, IMO, the weight belongs.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bradnailer View Post
    I use the Superglide on my F250 and have been pleased. We have a 2930 which is a 34' fifth wheel. We've towed about 15,000 miles so far without any issues. If you get this hitch, read the manual and do the maintenance, checking bolts and proper lubrication.
    Thank you for your comment, I will look into that Superglide.

Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    Wanna' see the dent in my cab (small, but still there none-the-less) from when I tried a tight turn with my AUTO SLIDER which I had installed too far forward? Just get an auto slider and forget about worrying when/where you turn. oh - and install it right - just forward or at least over the rear end where, IMO, the weight belongs.
    Ouch! So what kind of hitch do you have and I take it you have a SB?

Oh delay that: I see it in your signature.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your comment, I will look into that Superglide.

Ouch! So what kind of hitch do you have and I take it you have a SB?

Oh delay that: I see it in your signature.
    A buddy and I set up the hitch. We figured we had it right (just ahead of the rear axel) but when I tested a tight turn I bumped the cab just enough to put a very small ding in the top of the cab. No one would normally notice until I point it out. I had almost gotten to 90 degrees when it happened. We readjusted the hitch toward the rear and just over the rear end. I'm not sure what a Pullrite Superglide would do. I had one of those on my last truck & 5th wheel but didn't like the adapter & plate and alignment requirements for hitching.
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traveldawg View Post
    A buddy and I set up the hitch. We figured we had it right (just ahead of the rear axel) but when I tested a tight turn I bumped the cab just enough to put a very small ding in the top of the cab. No one would normally notice until I point it out. I had almost gotten to 90 degrees when it happened. We readjusted the hitch toward the rear and just over the rear end. I'm not sure what a Pullrite Superglide would do. I had one of those on my last truck & 5th wheel but didn't like the adapter & plate and alignment requirements for hitching.
    When doing such "tests" keep in mind that in the real world you may/will encounter situations where the trailer is on a different plane that the truck. Such as backing into a sloped driveway from a level street..... If you are close in a level test, you will hit when it is not.
    2021 398M Full Body Paint 8k axles. LRH tires. Disc brakes.
    Two bathrooms, no waiting 155 fresh, 104 black, 104 grey 1860 watts solar.
    800AH BattleBorn Batteries No campgrounds 100% boondocking
    2020 Silverado High Country 3500 dually crewcab Duramax Allison

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hmmmm, I didn't really want to get another hitch at this time but I guess if I'm going to buy the 310gk or st3540 I might need to. I might have a little problem the DW really want like the 310gk but can't see spending the money for one, we have the money, thank God but she don't want to or slow spending for one but I will see. Thank you guys for your comments. Now I need to keep doing my homework in case she want to get it so I will know what to get.
    2023 North Point 310RLTS
    MSG Retired Army

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast