User Tag List

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No, you don't replace or remove "all" the fluid; you only remove the amount you're replacing. I went with the recommended fork oil as the CAT oil was backorded for a long time. As I recall I used 2 quarts meaning I pumped out 2 quarts of the original fluid with a small hand pump I bought of Amazon, then added the 2 quarts of fork oil.

There's a complete instruction sheet from Lippert showing the procedure and the approved oils to use. You have to cycle the landing gear a couple times. Pretty simple.

Google the instructions and you'll see.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyBadger View Post
    OK. I presume the remedy will be to completely extract all current “hydraulic” fluid and replace it with “new” fluid? I maybe should plan to also leve room for the fork oil. Does this make sense to you?
    Only if the ATF is contaminated. Otherwise, there are other issues.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    No, you don't replace or remove "all" the fluid; you only remove the amount you're replacing. I went with the recommended fork oil as the CAT oil was backorded for a long time. As I recall I used 2 quarts meaning I pumped out 2 quarts of the original fluid with a small hand pump I bought of Amazon, then added the 2 quarts of fork oil.

There's a complete instruction sheet from Lippert showing the procedure and the approved oils to use. You have to cycle the landing gear a couple times. Pretty simple.

Google the instructions and you'll see.
    Thanks, Ron. Did you experience the “screeching” that I refer to in the last paragraph, or just the occasional popping?
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just occasional popping. Make sure you have the instructions. There’s more to it than just adding fluid. Simple though.
    2016 CTD 2500
    2018 ST-310GK

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Only if the ATF is contaminated. Otherwise, there are other issues.

Rob
    Ron, please see response below to Ron. Thank you SO much for taking the time to help me.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    2016 RAM 3500 Longhorn Limited - Mega Cab; 6.7L Cummins; SB; DRW; 4X4; Aisin; 4.10
    Curt A20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just occasional popping. Make sure you have the instructions. There’s more to it than just adding fluid. Simple though.
    Apologize, Rob, for confusing your name.
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    Curt A20 Slider

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ron & Rob,

I thank you both for your assistance. Don’t want to bother you any more than I have, but wanted to close the loop with you on my issue.

I have ordered two liters of anti-stiction fluid, one will arrive today and the other tomorrow. Also getting some dry lube spray (with PrFE sp?) for the hydraulic cylinders.

In anticipation of the first liter fluid arriving, I went out first thing this AM to see if I could get the rig on the truck. First brought in my slides (two are hydraulic). No popping or screeching encountered???? Next I wiped down each jack cylinder. Then Lined up the truck, and raised the rear two sets of legs. No popping or screeching encountered???? Slipped the pin into the hitch and raised the front landing gear. NO POPPING???? NO SCREECHING????

Unhitched, auto-leveled, and opened slides; you guessed it. No troubling noises at all????

Not sure what to make of this. My speculation is there might have been some debris or maybe a bit of water on the hydraulic cylinders from the storm the night before (we received a ton of rain and maybe our site flooded; my pre-flight checklist did not include wiping down and lubricating the jack cylinders before raising them). Whatever, when I raised the jacks the next morning, the water and/or debris was ingested so to speak by the cylinders/pistons and caused the dramatic popping and screeching when I went to unhitch and level when I arrived in Gulf Shores. Somehow that debris/water migrated deeper into the system, which diminished its negative impact on my system.

Regardless, I truly thank you both for your patience.

John
    John & Mary
    2019 Solitude 375RES
    Curt A20 Slider

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I recently added 1U-9891, a quart of CAT hydraulic fluid additive. It worked perfectly and there was no more popping or pinging. Slides in, truck is connected, and all jacks are raised. Slides in and out, a couple times jacking up and down. When my hydraulic cylinder needed to be repaired, I got this advise and when I went to get it. Before withdrawing and adding fluid, make sure all of the slides are in place and all of the jacks are up; otherwise, you'll end up with fluid all over the place. To remove some of the liquid, you can use a turkey baster or a syphon. According to the Lippert instructions, if one quart fails, a second one may be required, but I just needed one.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not having any popping or hydraulic issues, but am a bit low on hydraulic oil - no leaks that I can see so probably not filled and I missed it on inspection. Worth adding anti-stiction instead of atf as a preventative (I'm recalling the huge difference adding Archoil to my 6.0L)? I'm sure it will take at least one quart.
    Robin & John
    2020 Ram 3500 LB SRW 4WD Crew Laramie 6.7HO Aisin, 55gal Titan 4014 payload
    2022 Solitude 310GK-R - Dual pane, factory solar & Onan, 8K axles with discs, 18K GVWR, W/D, Heat Pump, Goosebox, Battleborn

2023 stays

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ajg617 View Post
    Not having any popping or hydraulic issues, but am a bit low on hydraulic oil - no leaks that I can see so probably not filled and I missed it on inspection. Worth adding anti-stiction instead of atf as a preventative (I'm recalling the huge difference adding Archoil to my 6.0L)? I'm sure it will take at least one quart.
    Were all your slides and landing gear/levelers retracted when you checked the level? If so and it's below the full mark, fill only up to the full mark. It won't hurt to use the CAT fluid to do so.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast