User Tag List

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Has anyone done this procedure? I downloaded the Lippert addendum outlining the process but would like more input from someone that's actually done it.

Thanks, Ron
    So is this only for 6 point systems? I have a 2020 Reflection 29RS with front and rear jacks only.
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texdan View Post
    So is this only for 6 point systems? I have a 2020 Reflection 29RS with front and rear jacks only.
    It's for systems with Lippert hydraulic jacks.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    It's for systems with Lippert hydraulic jacks.
    How often does this need to be done?
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    How often does this need to be done?
    You only need to add fluid once if the fluid you use works. I've used Cat fluid in both my Solitudes and it worked each time. Add a quart and you're done.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bertschb View Post
    You only need to add fluid once if the fluid you use works. I've used Cat fluid in both my Solitudes and it worked each time. Add a quart and you're done.
    Thanks. So is there a way to check the level? And where is this located? I am totally unaware of this one.
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks. So is there a way to check the level? And where is this located? I am totally unaware of this one.
    You don't have a hydraulic leveling system on your Reflection - yours is electric.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    You don't have a hydraulic leveling system on your Reflection - yours is electric.

Rob
    Thanks Rob. One less thing I have to worry about. You are a wealth of information on this forum!
    Dan & Kathy
    2020 Reflection 29RS
    2013 Chevy 2500HD Diesel

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron3rd View Post
    Where did you get the Caterpillar Oil?

Shows I can use Torco or Maxima Fork Oil. Does it make any difference which oil I use so long as it's on the addendum?
    I bought ours at a Caterpillar Parts dealer. Make sure you don't overextend your credit card...that stuff is as expensive as liquid gold...

However, we had a lot of popping from the hydraulics in our 2016 Solitude which is why we bought the fluid. Haven't really heard any popping since...
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jjbbrewer View Post
    Yep, that makes sense.

Sounds good. The reason I'm going into this so much is I tend to have quite a bit of various brands/weights of fork & shock oil at home (I have 3 dirt bikes, 3 road motorcycles, and a full suspension mountain bicycle). I'd much rather use some of that then have yet another container of fluid sitting around. Thankfully, I haven't had any popping (yet?) but if/when I do, I'll try an experiment with the fork oil and post up what I find out.
    Good info!
    If you add the entire quart of CAT fluid (as recommended) you wouldn't have any of "That" laying around as leftovers.
    David and Peggy
    2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 6.7L Diesel, Dually, Long Bed
    Running with 20k Reese Goosebox (Love It) and Ford Factory "Puck" system.
    Stopping with 8,000 lb Disc Brakes and Titan Hydraulic over Electric Brakes system.
    Powering all this fun with 1200 Watts of Solar, two Tesla, Model S, battery modules, 24 volt Victron Inverter.
    2018 Solitude 310 GK

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SolarPoweredRV View Post
    If you add the entire quart of CAT fluid (as recommended) you wouldn't have any of "That" laying around as leftovers.
    True.

Well, the good news is I don't have any popping or sticking going on (yet?). I've been using the 6 point system on average about once week since I got my unit in Dec. Maybe the newer seals are less prone to stiction? I know motorcycle fork & shock seals have improved quite a bit in the recent years. (SKF's are my favorites)

I really like how the overall LevelUp system works - even the "hitch height" feature has worked well for me - I've only had to adjust it once.

I moved the leveler mounts up after installing the snap pads and recently had the rears extended quite a bit. I don't know what would trigger a stroke error, but this didn't.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20210804_075717.jpg 
Views:	7 
Size:	100.7 KB 
ID:	35957
    signature

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast