Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Maxxair fan RJ11 or RJ45 data cable

So I want to upgrade my kitchen fan to a Maxxair fan deluxe 7500K, and searched the internet to find out what data cable is required for the 6 button Maxxair 00A03650K wired wall controller. I was hoping the 4 wire RJ11 data cable already installed in Grand Designs would work with the new six button wall controller.
    Just finished talking to Maxxair technical support. The 4951 fan installed in Grand Designs uses a 4 button wall controller. This uses an RJ11 4 wire cable. The 6 button wall controller uses a RJ45 8 wire cable. This is why the fan control boards have both an RJ11 and RJ45 connector on most of the Maxxair fans.
    So, if you want to upgrade to the Maxxair fan deluxe 7500K with the 6 button wall controller, you will need to order the fan and also order the Maxxair 00A03650KIT. This will also require you to pull the new data wire in the kit through the walls.
    Last edited by Site-R; 08-03-2021 at 09:34 AM. Reason: Missed a 6

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I realize this is an old post but wondering if you can use the RJ11 with the 5 button control. Or a reason why there is both connectors on the control. Does it mean you can use the 4 button with the 7500k just with less control?
    2019 SRW Superduty 6.7 PSD
    2021 Grand Design Reflections 31MB

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot answer your question about using an RJ11 with the 5 button control. I specifically asked Maxxair about the 6 button control, so am not sure about other configurations. However, you could connect the 7500 to a 4 wire RJ11 data cable( a short RJ11 data cable is cheap) and test the 5 button control out before you install.

Rolling Along
    Whatever state the landing gear sits upon (Texas c
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 03griz View Post
    I realize this is an old post but wondering if you can use the RJ11 with the 5 button control. Or a reason why there is both connectors on the control. Does it mean you can use the 4 button with the 7500k just with less control?
    You can use the 4 button with the 7500, it will operate exactly like the OEM. You just won't be able to use the additional features of the 7500. I was going to upgrade the keypad and wire and just decided to keep it and put the remote in the kitchen so I had two remotes. For quick simple use it worked out just fine.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Also, I am not sure the new 7500’s have both connectors. You would have to see a new one to know.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My 2021 31MB covid build has a manual 4 inch fan with a light switch to turn it on an off where the control should be. I took out the switch and the RJ11 is in the wall so I would like to buy a 4 button and hook that up if it will work as I already bought the 7500 but waiting till spring for the install. I can always use the remote when needed for the extra features but just want to fill the hole in the wall from the switch and have a button on the wall to quickly turn it on.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Site-R View Post
    Also, I am not sure the new 7500’s have both connectors. You would have to see a new one to know.
    Yes I have a new one in the package, it has a RJ11 and RJ45 on the board. Just wasn't sure if I could connect it to a 4 button and it would still work, just with less control options.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by A.Texas.Yankee View Post
    You can use the 4 button with the 7500, it will operate exactly like the OEM. You just won't be able to use the additional features of the 7500. I was going to upgrade the keypad and wire and just decided to keep it and put the remote in the kitchen so I had two remotes. For quick simple use it worked out just fine.
    Actually I was mistaken, mine is a 4500k, the same I think except not the built in cover that you don't need the seperate fan mate cover. Do you only get 4 speeds with the 4 button or does it go through all the speed? Thanks.

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So, in looking at my 4 button control, you should get all of the functionality of a 4500, except for the extra speeds.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Which 4 of the 10 speeds will work? Also the reverse flow won't work from this control I understand that, but not needed as this would be mostly for exhaust when cooking etc. As long as I can open, close, turn on fan that's all I really need on a daily basis. Remote will be handy when needed for other controls.......I am happy to have found out the 4 button will do at least 4 button stuff cause I was worried about how I would fill the hole or if I left the old light switch what I would use it for. I didn't like the idea of having a dummy switch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast