User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Towing with 2020 Chevy 2500 Diesel with Reese Airborne Sidewinder and Curt A16 Hitch

Hi, I am new to towing and I am looking to replace my Lippert 1621 Pin Box on my 2021 Solitude 2930RL to a Reese Airborne Sidewinder and then use a Curt A16 fixed hitch (no rails required) designed for the OEM pucks on my 2020 Chevrolet Silverado 2500 HD Short Bed. I understand from my research that this is a great overall towing experience combination. My main reasons for doing this is to improve the turning radius, less chucking and smoother towing experience, and to have a lighter hitch that I can remove from the bed of my truck myself for a clean bed (instead of a heavy slider). I do not want to go the alternative route of using a gooseneck ball type hitch with my existing pin box. When I measure for the height setting for the A16 hitch using my existing Lippert Pin Box I get a setting of 16" to 16.5". The height setting range on the A16 is 13.5" to 17.5". In the pictures I have seen the Reese Sidewinder seems to always sit pretty level in appearance whereas my existing extended Lippert Pin Box has a a 4-inch pitch from the back of the pin box to the front king pin and comes down at an angle (see attachment). I am afraid that if I go with the Reese Sidewinder I won't have enough height setting on the A16 hitch to make the fifth wheel sit level for towing. I know there is some adjustability to the Sidewinder but not sure at this point what that would mean. Does anyone have any experience with this combination (2021 Solitude 2930RL, Reese Airborne Sidewinder and Curt A16) using a late model Chevy Silverado? Any other comments or suggestions?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 1621 Lippert Pin Box (2).jpg   1621 Lippert Pin Box (1).jpg