User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Overtaxed View Post
    The "engineering" in this fridge is just.. Well, saying a 3rd grader could do it better would be an understatement. There are so many possible failure modes; I've hit two of them (failed fan, which instead of throwing a code, just, you guessed it, blows a fuse and shuts the fridge down; and the temp limit switch, no code, just, again, dead fridge); I'm sure there are many more. And the wiring on the back is so bad I'd be embarrassed to show it off in a science fair, let alone charging 4-5K dor it. The list of "known issues" for this thing is a mile long. Doors flaps that don't close, frost issues, propane issues; 12V problems, 120V problems..

It's an awful machine. The only good thing is that it's kind of pretty and it's big for an RV style fridge. So I'll keep those things when I put in my JC refer unit and hopefully get rid of the science project that is the backside/internals of the device.
    Couldn't agree more....I'm still shaking my head over this thing!

I've had to re-align the doors so that they sealed, replace the door flapper because the heater wasn't functional, install a condensation kit because the drip tray fit was terrible and replace the drain tube because it kept falling off of the tray. Oh yeah...and the hi temp switch failure.

When the sensor switch went I was on the road moving lots of miles every day. I got lucky with the diagnosis and repair, hot wired it (after a great mobile tech diagnosed it as not a cooling system failure) and lived carefully until the parts met up with me and I installed the new switch. (The reset would not work for me this time me)

A few days after I fixed it, Norcold finally responded and wanted a form filled out by a Norcold technician BEFORE they authorized repair. Ha...that was four states and a bunch of days ago. Fortunately, Grand Design saw the light and submitted my claim without the additional burocracy!

I'm adding proper ventilation in the back as soon as the kit arrives today.

What do people that aren't DIY types do? This could easily have been several trips to the dealer for me....if you can get in and they have a qualified staff that can fix things!

Oh...and while search ingnfor a mobile tech to do the diagnosis for GD...one guy told me he could fit me in at the end of February [emoji1]

But you are right. It's kinda pretty!

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Big Traveler
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    What do people that aren't DIY types do? This could easily have been several trips to the dealer for me....if you can get in and they have a qualified staff that can fix things!
    I have no idea. But I can tell you, having some friends ask me about RVing, those who can't find the business end of an extension cord, I tell them "You might want to reconsider". I have a whole shop full of tools, testers, and the experience to at least identify, in most cases, what's causing the problem. A whole lot of people (probably most today) do not. And if you don't, man, owning an RV is going to be a tough/expensive/unpleasant experience.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12