User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Old NW RV Dealer Sold

I just got an email from our selling dealer, B. Young RV in Portland, Oregon that they just sold out to Lazydays. B. Young has been around the Portland area for many years and just last year, built a new facility another location just north of Vancouver Washington. I always thought that B. Young had a good reputation and we have been happy with our 2 purchases from them. As many of you know,Lazydays is a large nationwide dealer and I am wondering what you all feel about this bigger fish buying a much smaller dealer? I hope things don't change for the worse but I suspect the large corporate giant will change the culture of the much smaller dealership.
    John and Karyn
    Hillsboro, Oregon
    2020 Reflection 150 Series 295RL

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B.Young always seemed nice enough to talk to, but I never did business with them. They're expensive, and they're okay with that. I ended up buying my trailer from Blue Dog, though I gave B.Young a shot at meeting or beating their price. They declined.

Does Lazydays have a reputation of being cost competitive, or am I mixing them up with someone else? It would be nice to have another competitive option in the Portland area.
    Current: 2021 Transcend 261BH, 2019 Ford F250 SRW SWB CC 6.2 - Picture
    Previous: 2016 Jayco X213, 2014 F150 EB 3.5

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    I just got an email from our selling dealer, B. Young RV in Portland, Oregon that they just sold out to Lazydays. B. Young has been around the Portland area for many years and just last year, built a new facility another location just north of Vancouver Washington. I always thought that B. Young had a good reputation and we have been happy with our 2 purchases from them. As many of you know,Lazydays is a large nationwide dealer and I am wondering what you all feel about this bigger fish buying a much smaller dealer? I hope things don't change for the worse but I suspect the large corporate giant will change the culture of the much smaller dealership.
    We purchased our 2970RL from Lazy Days Tampa a year ago. We were very happy with the sales process and the price we paid. I haven't needed any service so I can't speak for that area.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Goodwrench View Post
    The same thing happened here in Northwest Indiana. Our local RV dealer "Campland" has been around since I was a kid. Last fall it was bought out by Lazydays. Not happy about it either.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    When I showed Lazy Day the current quote that we had they told me that they would not even come close to that price.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    B Young was way overpriced for the same unit we purchased elsewhere. They wouldnt negotiate and when i attempted to have them do GD warranty work on a failed convertor (trip ending item in the middle of a trip), they completely disregarded my request stating that "you didnt purchase the unit from us so we wont take a warranty reservation from you". All i can say, is screw b young rv, i hope lazy days does a better job for this area regarding anything to do with rv purchasing/servicing. This whole industry from the manufacturer to the selling dealer is in dire need of regulations regarding quality control, safety, and consumer protections. I thought used car sales was the low of the low...im wrong. Rv sales are the low of the low
    2022 Ram 2500 Laramie - Cummins
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's interesting that a dealer would actually refuse to do warranty work for a customer that is not their own. I guess if they are drowning in customers they can afford to do that, but otherwise I'd expect them to embrace the opportunity to get someone on premises where they can pitch them on a new RV, or at least just try to make a happy future customer out of them.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I was shocked when the service advisor stated that to me in a "matter of fact" tone. That to me made up my mind on ever giving them my business, be it a tube of sealant or purchasing another any other product. I mentioned this experience to GD and all they could say is "we cant control the dealers". If thats the case, they are complicit as they are unwilling to get this changed.
    2022 Ram 2500 Laramie - Cummins
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2800BH

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lucky (maybe) for me, the dealership I bought from (Blue Dog) has a service center in Portland, so I won't have to find out what B.Young would tell me if I needed service. But in any case when I need work done under warranty I will schedule it through GD, not the dealer.

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rootusrootus View Post
    It's interesting that a dealer would actually refuse to do warranty work for a customer that is not their own. I guess if they are drowning in customers they can afford to do that, but otherwise I'd expect them to embrace the opportunity to get someone on premises where they can pitch them on a new RV, or at least just try to make a happy future customer out of them.
    I am assuming they are "slapping your hand" for not buying from them. But most importantly, I'm sure they make less money on warranty work than an individual coming in for work that is paid for out of pocket. Unlike automobile dealer service departments, I'll bet warranty work is break even at best, and is nothing more than a vehicle to sell new trailers. I'd be interested to hear if I'm off base on this.

On the other hand, I'm like you in that it would seem doing warranty work on any trailer would lead to eventual work after the warranty, a definite money maker. After all, the warranty is only one year, and stuff is still going to be going bad for years to come. Also, parts and accessories would come into play. And last, you mention the opportunity to pitch a new trailer later.

As far as GD getting involved, these dealers are their customers. Who is going to get on a customer's bad side by insisting on an issue? GD can try to work with a dealer but at the end of the day that dealer can do business with another manufacturer in a heartbeat. Where does that leave the poor person that has to buy a trailer?

But..........I'm not in the business and I guess dealers know what they are doing.
    2020 Reflection 273MK

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast