Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    It takes a huge amount of wrenching to retract manually. Several years back our motor failed and we eneded up using a cordless driver/drill once we realized how many manual turns it would take. Doing it by hand would have taken all day. Sometimes we have had acorns or twigs fall into the arms and bind it from retracting.
    Thanks, in my case it was not a retraction issue. As happened to the OP, our awning failed to auto dump and didn't drain to the side as it was set up to do. Instead, water puddled in the awning until the arm buckled and the drive motor snapped right off the end. Lippert says it was my fault for leaving the awning out during the rain and won't cover it under warranty. To me, it seems like a design flaw. The moral of the story is don't expect your awning to work in the rain.
    Stephen and Judy
    2022 Reflection 150 Series 260RD (Stella)
    2017 Chevy Silverado 2500 HD (Blue)
    Traded - 2018 Forest River Rockwood Minilite 2104S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

How to lower both ends?

Quote Originally Posted by NB Canada View Post
    If you are going to leave your awning out in the rain I suggest buying or making supports
    Mine is out in torrential rain as we speak and no issues
    And always lower both ends so it drains off the front

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    New to this fifth wheel. How to lower awning on both ends? Should just one end be lowered to let rain run off? How to do it, it’s very high, and won’t it bend the arms?

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lambchop55 View Post
    New to this fifth wheel. How to lower awning on both ends? Should just one end be lowered to let rain run off? How to do it, it’s very high, and won’t it bend the arms?
    What fifth wheel do you have? Details are very important as there are different awnings on different trailers. More information is always a plus.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12