User Tag List

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Here are pics of my truck;

If you look at these pictures close you can see that the spring blocks are welded across the ends on the rear end. This has never had to be done before.
    My truck was built a week after they stopped receiving the axel on the date of 5-15. So, they welded this light weight tube & then installed the piece of $hi! under my truck. As far as being told that there is no permanate fix, this is the fix. Mine was done at the factory. If you are in the recall, they will inspect your rear end, they will check to see if a feeler gauge will fit under the spring mount on the end where it hasn't been welded yet. If the feeler gauge goes in the axel tube is already collapsing & the axel housing will have to be replaced. But there are no parts. If the axel tube hasn't deformed yet, they will jerk the rear end out reweld the vertical welds across the top & the weld the ends shut all the way around. That is "supposed" to give it enough support so it doesn't collapse. Uh-huh.... 350's with Godzilla V8 are not in the recall. Supposedly not enough torque to deform the axel. Don't believe it, it will happen, it just take longer. Mine is going back to Ford next week to get a rear sway bar installed. I will get a definite answer then it its a junk axel or the right one. Being there is a weld I think that I already have my answer.
    Also look for paint flake around the spring bolts on the tube on out to the tire. That is the first indication the weak tubes are torque flexing.
    Hope that this helps.
    Russ & Deb
    Myles, Blu & Sadie aka furry kids
    2019 F-150 - 2021-F350 (aka red rocket2)
    2000 F-250 aka the snow plow truck

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I got the notice on Ford Pass and called the dealer. They said Ford does NOT have a resolution in place yet. They said it was a pre-recall notice. My 2020 F350 was built 9/20.
    Mine was built 3/20, and it is a dually... So grateful it is not part of this recall. I'd be fairly upset with such a defect and the potential for a significant issue while on the road.
    Terry and Elizabeth
    2020 Reflection 260RD Using Anderson Hitch
    2020 F350 SuperDuty Diesel Crew Dually Long Bed

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Here is a link to the ford recall site.

https://media.ford.com/content/fordm...y-recalls.html

Manufacture date not purchase date. The following is from the Ford site.

“ Safety recall for certain 2020-2021 Ford F-350 Super Duty vehicles with 6.7-liter engine and single rear wheel axle for a rear axle housing spring seat interface weld issue”…..

“This action affects 34,855 vehicles in North America, with the remaining balance in Ford’s International Markets Group. Vehicles were built at Kentucky Truck Plant between Aug. 6, 2020 and May 15, 2021. ”
    One more vote for dually F350
    2021 GD Solitude 390rk
    2021 Ford F350 Lariat Superduty DRW
    2015 Wildcat max 310rl
    2005 Newmar Dutch Star 39ft

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That F450 is still in my dreams.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That's to bad, I think welding to fix defects might be the standard at least with Ford and Ram. My 2018 Ram 3500 had to have part of the steering link jamb nut welded to keep it from separating causing a loss of steering. Pretty sure my dealer ran to Harbor Freight and purchased a basic flux core welder to complete the recalls in my area, the welds are horrible. Most recently another recall that someone miss printed the torque value for the lug nuts in the owners manual. They are considered to tight and can stretch the threads causing the wheels come off. Joke is I wonder if the fix will be to just weld them on? Currently they say hang on and wait for the resolution. Awesome.
    2020 Reflection 303RLS
    2018 Ram 3500 4:10 w/Aisin tranny

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Recalls have been the way of the world for ALL automobile manufacturers since 1990's. Get them down the line, recall later. Failure of Quality Assurance. It's actually discussed in the book "The Toyota Way". You can't hold up the line for QC issues anymore, so the way the automobile industry deals with them is Dealership recalls.

Thankfully we have a Dec 2021 Super duty dually, not one recall YET....
    2021 310GK-R - MorRyde suspension and pin box. Sumo Springs. Solar, 7k axles.
    2019 Lance 1062 Truck Camper, 2 slides.
    2021 F350 Lariat DRW 4x4 6.7 diesel, 10 speed auto, 3.55 diff-48 gallon fuel capacity
    2000 F350 XLT HD SRW 2WD 7.3L diesel, 6-speed manual trans, 3.73 diff - Firestone Airbags-Bilstein Shocks. 82 gallon fuel capacity

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I remember back in the 70's what the repairs were for ball joints on chrysler's. The upper ball joint was threaded into the control arm. When replacing the ball joint the new on wouldn't tighten down. Common practice was to weld the ball joint to the control arm.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    i owned a 1972 Pinto with the "exploding" gas tank. A few years later a 1976 Chevrolet K-20 with the fuel tanks outside the frame rails. A Ford F250 with the fuel tank behind the seat. Then a Honda and a Ram with the "shrapnel" air-bags. Covid don't scare me. LOL
    2007 Ram 5.9 CTD 4x4 LB
    2019 Imagine 2500RL

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12