User Tag List

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Does your TV turn on when power is connected or interupted?

Each time I plug in shore power, the TV automatically comes on. We leave it plugged in at home and the other day I went out and found the TV on. Then I realized that a few nights before the power glitched (which isn't that uncommon unfortunately) and I had to reset the clocks in the house. I guess the TV had been on for a few days before I went out to the trailer.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Each time I plug in shore power, the TV automatically comes on. We leave it plugged in at home and the other day I went out and found the TV on. Then I realized that a few nights before the power glitched (which isn't that uncommon unfortunately) and I had to reset the clocks in the house. I guess the TV had been on for a few days before I went out to the trailer.
    This is been discussed a few times in other threads. It is in Showroom mode (it something like that). Go into settings for the TV and perform a factory reset. Once it comes back up, it will ask you to select a mode. Select the mode that doesn't look like showroom, or demo, or something like that.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
    Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MoonShadow_1911 View Post
    This is been discussed a few times in other threads. It is in Showroom mode (it something like that). Go into settings for the TV and perform a factory reset. Once it comes back up, it will ask you to select a mode. Select the mode that doesn't look like showroom, or demo, or something like that.

Sorry, thanks. Not used to this forum thing yet and forgot to search first. I do see now there are other postings on it. Will give the reset process a try.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    JFWIW... I added modular power switches to each TV at power plug. I didn't like the idea that every time we plugged/unplugged shore power or started/stopped the gen that the TVs would energize/deenergize. Now I just turn on the power when needed.

Not sure if this cycling caused it but had to replace a TV that just quit working so I added the switches just to eliminate the cycling.
    Jim (& Sharon)
    2015 GD Momentum 385TH - SOLD
    For Sale - 2015 Ford F-350 DRW 4x4 Lariat w/ AirLift bags, Titan 65 gal. OEM replacement fuel tank.
    The toy:
    2017 RZR XP 1000 EPS SE

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    46 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Riverbug View Post
    Sorry, thanks. Not used to this forum thing yet and forgot to search first. I do see now there are other postings on it. Will give the reset process a try.
    No reason to apologize. We were all newbies at one point in time!

Mark & Mary. Full-timing across the USA (and Canada)!
    Current Coach: 2021 Grand Design Reflection 320MKS
    Current Rig: 2019 Ford F350 SD Crew Cab, w/8' box, Lariat, SRW, 6.7l Diesel

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just thought I would close this thread out by confirming that I did go through the reset process to turn off demo mode and that fixed the problem. Took about 10 minutes to set everything back up but works great now! Thanks!
    Chad

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks for the post on your tv going on. by itself I purchased a new 2970RL in April and have it stored in my yard. I have it connected with 15 amp cord . I have noted that my tv has been on mysteriously . I have disconnected the power a number of times when mowing the grass and this change in power seems to somehow activate the tv. It must be something that is common with the TCL tv that is common to the GM RV. Now I know it is not just my RV.

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I’ve tried switching it out of store mode and have done a reset. It still comes on if their is a power outage and it the EMS switches power back on. It also comes on after we travel and plug back in. After repeated attempts to fix this I decided to just unplug it until we use it.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've seen this behavior before in house based TVs. Here a few suggestions gleamed from the 'interweb'......

Be sure HDMI-CEC is turned off (it prevents other devices from turning the TV on (or off).

Turn off WiFi. Some TVs have "wake on LAN"; just like computers have.

Check for any ECO Mode settings. Some TVs don't really turn off completely if set to quickly re-start.

Be sure to turn you TV off before disconnecting from shore power. Some TVs resume the mode they were in if power is interrupted.

good luck.... let us know if one of these work.....
    Larry KE4DMG
    2022 F-350 KRU SRW LB - Airlift 5000+, ForScan, 37 RDS Aux Tank,
    2019 310GK-R - Sailuns; MorRyde IS; Disc Brakes; 20K Reese Goosebox
    Search kalakamods for my mods

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    A bit off topic but I'm pretty disappointed that GD decided to put a TV in my coach that has a blinking light when it doesn't have an internet connection. Really? In a trailer? It's really annoying. Getting ready to put some electrical tape over it.
    -------------------------------
    2021 Reflection 320 MKS

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast