User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Update: I thought my flapper was working again, but turns out it was dead. A new door flapper has solved the condensation issue on the flapper.

Regarding the new drain tube, I still have it draining to the outside but have eliminated the loop, which seemed to be effecting drainage, I added a one way valve which allows water to drain but prevents warm air from flowing up the tube. Better solution.

Also, GD has sent me the Norcold condensation kit. I'll install it, but if you had to buy one (at $35.00 for a cheap plastic shield) I would suggest just using gorilla tape over the back of the drip tray to secure it to the back of the fridge and keep condensation from running behind the drip tray.

My fridge is running flawlessly [emoji16]

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am having the recall for my Norcold next week by a mobile tech. When he pulls out the frig, I will be intently looking at the sides of the boxes looking for mold and get pictures as I still have water come out at the wood at the floor if I camp for a week or more in Florida. Not tons of water but water nonetheless. It cools properly, freezes properly, etc. So we will update this thread after its pulled out by a certified mechanic.
    2023 Momentum 397TH w/Gen3 Goosebox
    2020 GMC Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 F-450 Limited PowerStroke

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I cannot find a plug or wire on the flapper of my 2118. Did all of these models have a warmer? I do see the 3 prong spring connectors on the left side of the door. The flapper does not get warm and continuous wet.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhsjms View Post
    I cannot find a plug or wire on the flapper of my 2118. Did all of these models have a warmer? I do see the 3 prong spring connectors on the left side of the door. The flapper does not get warm and continuous wet.
    Yes. Remove the screws holding the flapper in place and gently start to remove it. You will see the wires attaching it to the door. The plug is often pushed down in the hole in the flapper.
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Mentioned
    135 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DECelt View Post
    Yes. Remove the screws holding the flapper in place and gently start to remove it. You will see the wires attaching it to the door. The plug is often pushed down in the hole in the flapper.
    As I recall, you don't need to remove the screws to take the flapper off. Just open the left door and grab the flapper itself and gently lift upward.....there is a "Keyhole" slot at the top and the bottom and the tabs just slide into it....or out of it it you are taking the flapper off.
    2016 F350 CrewCab Dually
    2018 Momentum 394M...Heavily Modded!
    2023 Suzuki GSX-S1000 GT+
    Excessive Payload is a Wonderful Thing

"If it ain't fast....It ain't Fun"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I took the flap off and guess what I found. The wire to plug into the flapper was behind the rubber door seal. It was taped down and appeared to have been that way from manufacturing. It was never plugged in. I untaped it, plugged it into the flapper, reinstalled the flapper and verified enough wire to allow swing. With everyone's help on this forum I may no longer need paper towels under the frig to catch all the drips off the flapper.
    Thank you everyone!!

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhsjms View Post
    I took the flap off and guess what I found. The wire to plug into the flapper was behind the rubber door seal. It was taped down and appeared to have been that way from manufacturing. It was never plugged in. I untaped it, plugged it into the flapper, reinstalled the flapper and verified enough wire to allow swing. With everyone's help on this forum I may no longer need paper towels under the frig to catch all the drips off the flapper.
    Thank you everyone!!
    That's great!
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123