User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Atwood Refrigerator - Cold Weather Operation?

Hi Folks!
    I only just discovered this forum, and and happy I did! There seems to be a lot of great information here.

So here is my question:
    We have a 2014 Reflection 323BHS, and I was wondering if the inside refrigerator has a low outside temperature cut-off.

This past Saturday, when we got access to the trailer after winter storage, it was fairly cool weather. When I pushed the power button on the inside refrigerator, nothing happened. No lights lit up on the control panel, nothing. All the fuses and breaker checked out OK, and there was power to the receptacle where the fridge plugs into. Yesterday was a lot warmer than Saturday, and when I pushed the power button everything worked as it should.

Has anyone else experienced their fridge not working when it's cold outside?

Thanks,
    Al

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ours worked fine down to -40 centigrade, only problem we had at that temp was the propane stopped flowing.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lostincanada,
    Thanks for your reply. I didn't think it would make sense to intentionally have the fridge stop when it got cold out, but who knows with these modern contraptions! lol

The fridge quit all together last August, less than 3 months after taking delivery of the trailer. We couldn't get it back to the dealer until early October, and by the time they repaired the fridge it was time to park the trailer for the winter, so I didn't even bother to check to see if it was working.

We will have to keep a close watch on the fridge to make sure it keeps working.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Yes, I understand that there have been some issues with the fridge in these, luck has it mine has not been an issue. Normally the electric side goes out. Is that what is not working on yours? Or on both?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As of yesterday afternoon, everything was working OK. Last August, the front control control panel would light up but neither the electric or gas mode would work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all is good now.

Manufacturer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Albertasaurus View Post
    As of yesterday afternoon, everything was working OK. Last August, the front control control panel would light up but neither the electric or gas mode would work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that all is good now.
    Hi Al (@Albertasaurus),

Glad to hear this is working for you. And please feel free to contact our Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 for assistance. Also, could you do me a favor? Could you add your 17-digit RV VIN to the "About Me" section of your forum profile, or send me a private message with your VIN, name and contact information? That information helps us when researching your posted forum concerns. Thanks in advance...

Best regards,
    ~ Janice
    Mailing & shipping address: Grand Design RV, Attn: Customer Support, 13868 CR 4, Bristol IN 46507
    Hours: Monday - Friday (8:00 am - 5:00 pm EST, closed holidays)

- Phones: Grand Design RV Corporate at (574) 825-8000 or Customer Support (direct) at (574) 825-9679
    - Fax: (574) 825-9249
    - Email: [email protected]

- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GrandDesignRv
    - Twitter: https://twitter.com/granddesignrv
    - Google+: https://plus.google.com/113479014558069639097
    - LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/grand-design-rv-llc
    - Vimeo: https://vimeo.com/granddesignrv
    - YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCHa...PuUd3J3NHNyXVQ

For EMERGENCY or immediate assistance contact your RV dealer or GDRV Customer Support directly at (574) 825-9679 with your 17-digit RV VIN, name, and phone number.

King Pin
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    At least the Atwood reefers have a full two year warranty. Hopefully, if anything goes wrong, it will still be under warranty.

Jim

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    No problems with mine down to the freezing point anyhow.