User Tag List

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Encouraging Study

Quote Originally Posted by Jerryr View Post
    I found oodles of examples just doing a search. Here are a few below.

Lets start with Fox News Tampa
    https://www.fox13news.com/news/tampa...id-19-patients
    Tampa General Hospital beds filling with unvaccinated COVID-19 patients
    -----------------
    https://thehill.com/policy/healthcar...nated-patients
    Miami ICU full with unvaccinated patients
    -----------------
    https://www.fox4now.com/news/coronav...ital-officials
    Majority of COVID patients are unvaccinated: Sarasota Memorial Hospital officials
    -----------------
    https://www.cbsnews.com/video/baton-...-unvaccinated/
    Baton Rouge hospital says nearly all its ICU patients are unvaccinated
    -----------------
    https://fox2now.com/news/missouri/co...h-expert-says/
    COVID-19 patients at Mercy ICU are unvaccinated, health expert says
    -----------------
    https://www.msn.com/en-us/health/med...ine/ar-AAN1ZPT
    Leaders say almost everyone in ICU unvaccinated, except 1 who got COVID, then got vaccine
    -----------------
    https://www.katc.com/news/coronaviru...cinated-people
    ICU Doctor: 99% of new COVID cases come from unvaccinated people
    On limited data where I am at so I picked one to look at
    Miami Dade. They say the icu is full

This is the screen shot of current conditions
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0827.png 
Views:	29 
Size:	469.9 KB 
ID:	36003
    Looks like there are almost 600 icu beds available

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Folks, I want to thank all of you for all of the expert RV advice and experience you have shared with me over the years.

I try to contribute where I can based upon my own experience. I've stayed out of this thread to see where it would go, and although not RV-related, perhaps this post is a worthy contribution to the forum.

I don't consider myself the arbiter of what is misinformation or truth. But what I am, is a pathologist with 24+ years of experience, the last 11 years of which have been dedicated to researching the safety and efficacy of candidate drugs and vaccines as required by the regulatory agencies. Approximately 70% of the work I have been doing since February of last year has been related to evaluating SARS-CoV2 vaccines and therapeutics (drugs). I will present you with some facts - facts which you can actually confirm with a little research. Look for the actual published, peer-reviewed research, not news stories. You can also go to worldometer for live data updates. Finally, you can go to country, state, county health departments for more local data. You can really dig deep regarding hospitalizations - look below the surface at how many in patients presented for COVID-like illness vs. those that were admitted for other conditions and then tested positive and were reclassified as a COVID case. (By the way, a recent study looking at the accuracy of the SARS-CoV2 rapid antigen tests is troubling sine the determined accuracy was literally not much better than a coin toss. Granted, the poor accuracy (low sensitivity and specificity) of these tests can result in both false positives and false negatives, but tend to favor false positives due to the relatively low disease prevalence.) Anyway, I digress.

The seven points below are not "opinion" although I am fully aware of my own confirmation bias as I write this.

First, because of the emergency use authorizations, the Pfizer, Moderna, Astra-Zeneca and JNJ vaccines have not undergone the minimal safety and efficacy studies typical of every other vaccine required by the FDA, the EMA, JMA, etc. The majority of the animal safety studies were skipped in lieu of computer modeling. The majority of the first in human trials (FIH; Phase I clinical trials) began before animal safety studies occurred, or less commonly, were concurrent with abbreviated safety studies. The animal safety studies were skipped primarily as a result of the pandemic designation. The pandemic designation allows for emergency measures to be undertaken to develop therapeutics and vaccines. The emergency measures include delayed animal safety studies. In theory, the animal safety studies are still supposed to be conducted, but right now, there are very few on the books of contract research organizations and/or filed study plans with the FDA are lacking. To state these vaccines are the most tested vaccine ever is abjectly false.

Secondly, the original Phase III clinical trials conducted by Pfizer and Moderna were what were called "Cross-over design" whereby the placebo or control group would be offered the injections if there was substantial efficacy noted during the trial. I have not seen the actual raw data yet, but those that are running the clinical trials are indicating that 60-90% of the individuals that originally received the placebo have now received the mRNA injections. As a result, there is no longer a control or placebo group of sufficient number with which to compare adverse effects of the vaccine. While not unprecedented, this type of cross-over clinical trail design is usually reserved for diseases that have a high case fatality rate (e.g., pancreatic cancer) or infection fatality rate (e.g., Ebola). The safety arm of the studies take a minimum of two years. There are reports the FDA and EMA will grant full approval prior the conclusion of the safety arm of the studies, even though safety cannot adequately be assessed at this point due to the lack of a control group.

Thirdly, the reported "efficacy data" (> 90% efficacy) as released by Pfizer and Moderna in press releases can be calculated from the raw data. This incredibly high efficacy is unprecedented for modern vaccines, and especially for new technology like mRNA. Relying on the efficacy data alone can lead to erroneous conclusions and outcome bias regarding population health and even one's own decision to get the jab or not. Worse, it leads to potentially erroneous recommendations for public health and the herd. Note the clinical trials were never designed to measure the efficacy of preventing transmission (go to clinicaltrials.gov and read the protocols for yourself). In other words, prevention of transmission or prevention of acquiring COVID-19 was not an endpoint in the approved clinical trials. Yet, the efficacy data of 95% was touted by the drug companies and even the CDC even though this was not scientifically evaluated in the clinical trials. These efficacy values are more properly known as "relative risk reduction". A high efficacy or relative risk reduction sounds really good, but in order to critically evaluate true vaccine efficacy, the absolute risk reduction must be reported. Without getting into the weeds about the epidemiological math, note the FDA advises, “Provide absolute risks, not just relative risks. Patients are unduly influenced when risk information is presented using a relative risk approach; this can result in suboptimal decisions. Thus, an absolute risk format should be used.” Based upon publicly available data, the relative risk reductions (efficacy) for the Pfizer and Moderna injections are 95% and 94.1%, respectively. However, the absolute risk reductions are, respectively, 0.7% and 1.1% for the Pfizer and Moderna injections. What this ultimately means for reducing the risk of a COVID-19 infection, instead of vaccinating 100 individuals and expecting 95 not to become infected with COVID (95% efficacy or relative risk reduction), the absolute risk reduction math reveals that 142 people must be injected with the Pfizer jab in order to reduce just one case of confirmed COVID.(The number needed to vaccinate with the Moderna jab is approximately 88 to reduce one SARS-CoV2 infection.) This data presents an entirely different assessment of risk of injection side effects vs. absolute risk reduction of infection. According to several of my seasoned epidemiologist colleagues, and although definitive adverse effects data is lacking, the absolute risk of adverse effects associated with the jab vs risk reduction of serious illness tends to favor an adverse event occurring more frequently than a reduced risk of infection. Furthermore, the information bias of the clinical trail outcome reporting may have been affected due to misclassification of SARS-CoV2 infections as adverse effects of the vaccines. For example, several COVID-19 clinical symptoms are similar to the injections’ adverse effects such as fever, pain, myalgia and fatigue. These could potentially lead to missed diagnoses of viral infections in those that received the injections during the clinical trial.

Fourth (aren't you glad I decided to call "enough" on the third point?), the "placebo efficacy" is being completely ignored by pharma and medical authorities. Let's take for example the Pfizer clinical trial in children 12-15-years old and the public data that has been released. There were 1131 participants that received 2 injections with 0 reported COVID infections, that translates to 100% efficacy or 100% relative risk reduction! There were 1129 participants that received 2 placebo injections with 18 reported COVID infections (unfortunately, the method of confirming COVID infection was not disclosed in the publicly released data, so there may or may not be some outcome bias here). So, 18 of 1129 participants that received the placebo translates to 98.4% efficacy. In other words, the placebo was 98.4% effective in reducing COVID infection. Again, we need to look at the absolute risk reduction (ARR) here which calculates out to 1.59%. Does that ARR warrant mass vaccination in 12-15 year-olds who are generally not susceptible to severe SARS-CoV2 infections? Should we start marketing saline injections with an efficacy of 98.4% in preventing COVID in kids??

Fifth, there are numerous well designed studies that demonstrate vaccination during a pandemic actually drives viral mutation and viral resistance. Here is a nice summary article about how vaccines drive viral evolution. It was published pre-COVID: https://www.quantamagazine.org/how-v...olve-20180510/ Also consider the effects of pushing viral survival due the phenomenon of antibody dependent enhancement (ADE). ADE results when the antibodies or T-lymphocytes (A type of immune white blood cell) bind to the target pathogen, but do not kill it. As a result, the virus can mutate to survive the "attack" becoming more transmissible.

Sixth, the CDC recently released a statement that viral load of the Delta variant in vaccinated individuals is nearly the same as in unvaccinated individuals. (See point 5 above for a potential reason why). One of the main tenets of virology is that viral mutations (e.g. variants) result in greater transmissibility but lower virulence. Based upon data out of India, Israel and Iceland, the Delta variant is more transmissible, but causes less severe symptoms, upholding years of of evidence-based virology.

Seventh, the spike protein, as coded for by the mRNA and adenoviral vector vaccines is biologically active alone as demonstrated in several studies. Since there are no long-term safety studies assessing spike protein effects, the long term effects of a biologically active foreign protein are unknown.

Now some commentary. These are my own opinions based upon my experience in this field.
    • Based upon retrospective studies, there is no medical necessity to vaccine those who have recovered from a COVID infection. There is also no medical necessity to vaccinate those under 20, who rarely have anything more than flu-like symptoms. The benefits to the individual do not exceed the risks--known and unknown. And young people are not the main vectors of viral spread, Delta or otherwise.
    • The vast majority of people who get the vaccine do not have any major issues beyond short-term transient side effects. However, too many people have reported experiencing significant life-altering side effects. Vaccine-related deaths are hard to prove as the CDC rarely follows up on VAERS reports, and they do not require autopsy reports. The adverse effects that have been dismissed as "not likely vaccine-related" have been conducted in lightspeed fashion. I have been a member of Serious Adverse Event Monitoring Committees where every serious adverse event that could be linked to a drug or vaccine are evaluated by a team of scientists and physicians. I can assure you that completion of an investigation of just one adverse event in one study participant in under a year is unheard of. To investigate a death in a few weeks and draw a conclusion it wasn't vaccine-related, well I've got a barely used coach that floated in the ocean for a few weeks following a hurricane and is in pristine condition that I want to sell you. Based upon VAERS data, adverse effects appear to be happening at a much higher frequency than would ever be accepted from any other vaccine. Could this be due to greater awareness of the reporting system? Maybe.
    • While anyone can make an argument that significant vaccine adverse events are rare (of course subjectively setting the bar wherever they like), major side effects are rare when they happen to others. They are not rare when they happen to you or someone whom you love.
    • If prophylaxis and early treatment options are ever acknowledged by public health agencies and our medical overlords — correcting vit D deficiency, ivermectin, fluvoxamine, inhaled budesonide, famotidine, etc., I suspect it will be hard to make the case that it is medically necessary to vaccinate anyone other than older adults and others at high risk for severe disease.
    • I find it fascinating that governments purport to be so caring about deaths and long-term health problems due to COVID, yet, do not seem to have a commensurate level of care for human wellbeing, obesity, diabetes, etc.
    • I have written about this before on this forum, but it bears repeating - the original PCR test used in over 70% of the labs around the world is garbage.

I'm done.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Encouraging Study

Thank you for the post Fsalmy
    Was hoping you would comment

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    ...I try to contribute where I can based upon my own experience. I've stayed out of this thread to see where it would go, and although not RV-related, perhaps this post is a worthy contribution to the forum.
    Thank you for taking the time to post this information. I'm not a pathologist but I am capable of reading as much as I can about COVID and the vaccines from multiple sources and choosing my own course of action. That hasn't been taken away from me yet :-)

As you know, there is a lot of misinformation out there. Most of it comes from sources that are working hard to silence opposing views. The one thing we need now more than ever is dialog so we as individuals can make informed decisions about our health. That used to be encouraged! Now you are shamed and/or silenced for asking reasonable questions, expressing rational concerns or sharing opposing views. We read about people getting their social media accounts blocked almost every day for this.

I never thought anything like this could happen in America. I wish I would have been born 50 years earlier :-(
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fsalmy View Post
    Folks, I want to thank all of you for all of the expert RV advice and experience you have shared with me over the years.

I try to contribute where I can based upon my own experience. I've stayed out of this thread to see where it would go, and although not RV-related, perhaps this post is a worthy contribution to the forum.
    I clicked thanks but feel you deserve a written thank you for your very well written , informative and thought out post.

Plus you showed us how long of a post we can make here
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Yeah, I think it's a forum record!
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you. You have stated what a lot of people suspected. On occasion you will read reports from people that work in places that deal with this subject and wonder why it is so different than what we are officially being told.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Fsalmy,

Thanks for an incredible write up. It has become incredibly hard to find the real facts in today’s world, even when you search! Three smiley faces today!

Thank You

[emoji3][emoji3][emoji3]
    2019 GMC 3500 SRW Sierra Denali Duramax
    2020 Reflection 315RLTS

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Fsalmy - much agree with the appreciations and thank yous for taking the time to write this up and share here........well done !

I suspect this is not the first time you have shared your feedback. Would you mind sharing with us where else/what events you have communicated this and I suspect much other related information ?

Again, thank you much for doing this. So great to see facts and expert knowledge on the forum rather than too often posts void of actual valuable learning material. Also appreciate your commentary as well.

My wife Carol a 42+ year RN and Director of our Children's Hospital along with our daughter also and RN nurse Leader will be most interested in reading this and sharing with colleagues.

Dan
    Dan & Carol
    2014 303RLS Reflection #185 (10/2013 build)
    2012 Silverado LTZ Crew Duramax 2500HD
    2700/16K Pullrite Superglide

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    I clicked thanks but feel you deserve a written thank you for your very well written , informative and thought out post.

Thanks. As you could tell, I didn't have much to say.
    2022 Solitude 378MBS-R
    2021 Ford F450 CC Lariat Ultimate FX4
    1966 Shasta Astroflyte (1 year restoration project that is going on year 6)

Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast