Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Momentum 350G—Water in Ramp Door

We just picked up our 2022 Momentum 350G this weekend, it came off the line about two weeks ago. While doing the PDI water was coming out of the rear ramp door out of the bolts where the cables attach on either side while in patio position. The dealership lowered it to ramp position and more water came out of the top of the door. The bed mattress was soaked as well. They think it was left open while on the lot.
    But we got home and parked it level and got 3" of rain overnight and we are back to having water draining out of the door assembly.
    Anyone else having this problem???
    Thanks!!

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Take it back quick and have that door replaced. It's obvious that the door isn't sealed properly and will gradually soften until it has to be replaced. Which may be
    after the warranty expires. So do yourself a favor and have it done posthaste. It won't get any better.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had them put it in the purchase agreement to replace the ramp door and the wood bed base—they already replaced the mattress as soon as we saw it was water soaked. They also agreed to pick up the unit from us, repair and bring it back as soon as the new door arrives. It is 600 miles round trip. We have purchased our last two units from this Company and they have always been upfront.

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know if the forum allows it, but I would certainly not be shy about naming this dealer. More of them need to be this reliable.
    Howard and Peggy

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Retired Lt View Post
    We just picked up our 2022 Momentum 350G this weekend, it came off the line about two weeks ago. While doing the PDI water was coming out of the rear ramp door out of the bolts where the cables attach on either side while in patio position. The dealership lowered it to ramp position and more water came out of the top of the door. The bed mattress was soaked as well. They think it was left open while on the lot.
    But we got home and parked it level and got 3" of rain overnight and we are back to having water draining out of the door assembly.
    Anyone else having this problem???
    Thanks!!
    Thank you for posting this! Our 2022 350G just came off the line on 8.3 and is supposed to ship to us this upcoming week. I will definitely check this out now.
    2022 Momentum 350G - all upgrades minus 3 season doors
    2020 F350 Lariat Sport 6.7 CCLB FX4 - 3.5" Carli Pintop Suspension System - Air Lift Load Lifter 5000 w/Wireless One - 68 Gallon S&B Fuel Tank
    2022 CanAm Maverick X3 Max X RS Turbo RR w/Smart-Shox (on order)

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Anytime I am in a rainstorm, my 320G ramp door will collect a small amount of rain water. Took it to the dealer, and they said it is okay, and that nothing could happen, as the door is sealed and "waterproof" (there was a sticker saying that). I think what is happening, is water is collecting between the metal lip and the door, and when I lower the door, it drains. Not a lot, but it does. I haven't gone much further with this yet, but one thought is silicone the gap between the door and the metal lip. I see no other way to stop it collecting without sealing.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Does it mean the door is waterproof as long as it's sealed? Personally I would be concerned if I had water coming out of my door. I think I'd get
    a second opinion. Replacing/repairing the door is a big job, and it may be the dealer doesn't have the time/inclination to do it.
    Howard and Peggy

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All newer (can't recall the exact date) Momentum's now use a fully composite and weatherproof door. (they even put a big sticker on it".

Previous years have not been this same door.

My guess is that the door is not sealed at the top when closed, and when it rains, it is coming inside.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    Anytime I am in a rainstorm, my 320G ramp door will collect a small amount of rain water. Took it to the dealer, and they said it is okay, and that nothing could happen, as the door is sealed and "waterproof" (there was a sticker saying that). I think what is happening, is water is collecting between the metal lip and the door, and when I lower the door, it drains. Not a lot, but it does. I haven't gone much further with this yet, but one thought is silicone the gap between the door and the metal lip. I see no other way to stop it collecting without sealing.
    They drained 3-4 gallons of water out the door itself while in the service bay in just over an hour. We live in the northern part of Michigan where temps get to -30F. If there is that much water inside the door it will freeze and blow the door apart. The dealer techs thought maybe the door factory skipped sealing the door…..

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Wow, that just wouldn't give me a case of the warm fuzzies. It may be water proof, but I'd still feel better if it didn't have water running out of
    it after every rain. At least that's the way I'd feel about it.
    Howard and Peggy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast