User Tag List

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Fishing - Look at What I Caught

We are staying at an RV park (Deer Ridge) in Richmond Indiana and they have a very small pond catch and release. Didn't think there would be much in the pond, but it was something to do. Anyway the other day was using all kinds of lures but not much happening. I had bought some worms just so if anybody asked if I caught anything, I could say I did drownd some worms. I had caught this little tiny blue grill and as i was reeling it in, just got it next to the bank and WHAM, something hit it and took off. Stretched by 6 pound test line out, reel drag squealing away and then snap! OMG! something is in there.

The next day went and got 10# test line and prespun my reel, used all kinds of lures but no go. Switched to night crawlers again and about an hour latter 4 foot off the bank. WHAM!! This time I got him!! I ended up also catching a couple small mouth bass.

Shared my pic with the CG owner and he told me there is also carp in the pond that would go 10 -15# and a couple catfish bigger than that. turned out to be a good day fishing! You never know what maybe lurking in these small ponds!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_2650.jpg  
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Very nice Steven. We fish odd spots because you never know. Enjoy the memory!
    2020 Grand Design Reflection 303RLS 5th Wheel
    2013 Ford F250 Super Duty, King Ranch, 6.7 Diesel, HD Tow Package
    B&W Companion Slider RVK3405
    Timbren Rear Suspension Enhancement System R250SDG
    Titan 50 Gallon Fuel Tank

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I don't know how to upload pics yet. But if I could I would show you my 18 inch brown trout caught fly fishing on the south fork of the Madison River just outside West Yellowstone. Beautiful fish, great location.
    2020 Solitude 372WB
    2017 F350 Superduty 4x4, Heavy Duty Tow Package
    2900 Superglide Hitch, MORryde Rubber Pinbox
    Zinny, Golden Retriever (rescue)
    Belle, Golden Retriever (rescue)

"Life With a Dog is a Gift"

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Great crappie fishing at Birch Lake, Barnsdall, OK and there are also some catfish there. There is a nice state campground there with full hookups. The bass were caught in a creek near Barnsdall.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails CE36B643-3AB3-43E5-803E-F4BF461FBAA7.jpg  
    Diane and Mike
    2022 280RS. Onan generator, Sumo Springs, MORyde crossmembers, hardwired surge protector
    2015 F-350 DRW 4x4 6.7L Power Stroke Feed Truck. 4.10s, front & rear stabilizer bars, Andersen 3221-TBX
    2021 Thor Chateau 22E Class C (retired) & 1970 Pop-Up Camper (retired - saw much of Western Europe)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	58C4CB83-3EEB-4E1F-9EC7-F02960E8FC6C.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	1.63 MB 
ID:	37542
    He caught two about this size at dusk. One on a crank bait and one on a minnow.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Another bass.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	BBEE4621-F1A1-4BF8-AF52-70079DE7A22A.jpg 
Views:	23 
Size:	2.00 MB 
ID:	37543

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Steven@147 View Post
    We are staying at an RV park (Deer Ridge) in Richmond Indiana and they have a very small pond catch and release. Didn't think there would be much in the pond, but it was something to do. Anyway the other day was using all kinds of lures but not much happening. I had bought some worms just so if anybody asked if I caught anything, I could say I did drownd some worms. I had caught this little tiny blue grill and as i was reeling it in, just got it next to the bank and WHAM, something hit it and took off. Stretched by 6 pound test line out, reel drag squealing away and then snap! OMG! something is in there.

The next day went and got 10# test line and prespun my reel, used all kinds of lures but no go. Switched to night crawlers again and about an hour latter 4 foot off the bank. WHAM!! This time I got him!! I ended up also catching a couple small mouth bass.

Shared my pic with the CG owner and he told me there is also carp in the pond that would go 10 -15# and a couple catfish bigger than that. turned out to be a good day fishing! You never know what maybe lurking in these small ponds!
    That's great! I always have a travel rod and bag with me. I've pulled over and fished water that you wouldn't ever expect to catch anything in and it's surprising where those fish pop up. When out for day trips, we stop at public landings for a break and I love to cast and just see what may come up. Very relaxing to me.
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are in La Grange Texas at this time, tried my luck on the Lower Colorado river, caught some bass off the boat ramp. Spoke to some Texas Game Wardens that were launching an air boat, really nice people. Their air boat has to be the biggest one I have ever seen up close. And the engine,,,,,, looked, sounded and felt like it came out of a drag funny car,,, impressive!
    Steve & Tami Cass - Escapee's, FMCA Members, Texas Fulltimers Since July 2020
    2019 Solitude 3350RL S-Class, 2018 Ram 3500 DRW, Laramie Longhorn, B&W Companion, Texas Class A Non-CDL Drivers License
    Sharing the Fulltime Lifestyle - www.youtube.com/@tsrvadventures3219/videos, Nonprofit Channel