User Tag List

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that many of you are not fans of dealers....in this case, we did as requested.

Like it or not, I'm not a fan of forums and armchair mechanics that second guess everything a dealer does. (Actually, it doesn't bother me, I enjoy the frivolous banter)

If anyone out there wants a job, we have a need for qualified people.......
    Last edited by huntr70; 08-10-2021 at 09:17 AM.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    Standard shop rate......some dealers are higher, some are lower.

Doesn't matter if it is a body job, replacing a light bulb, or changing a tire. All jobs based by the 10th of an hour.
    Could be. Still doesn’t make it right
    Especially in this circumstance imo. Ymmv
    Up here in Canada that would equate to over 200 and hour
    We don’t even pay our doctors that much

Have a great day

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get that many of you are not fans of dealers....in this case, we did as requested.

Like it or not, I'm not a fan of forums and armchair mechanics that second guess everything a dealer does. (Actually, it doesn't bother me, I enjoy the frivolous banter)

If anyone out there wants a job, we have a need for qualified people.......
    Haha ...no thanks. But to your point, the industry has a poor reputation, and that has been well earned. I hope that your shop is different.

Regarding the OP's trailer, something isn't right...and not just the caulking. Many of us here have lots of experience and have seen a lot of issues. And have rarely seen a dealership repair that was done as well as we would do it ourselves. There's more than caulking going on there, and there is likely an issue with water intrusion. Hopefully you can work with GD to figure it out

Sent from my moto g power using Tapatalk
    DECelt
    2021 Solitude 310-GK
    2022 Ram 3500 CCLB diesel

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a bunch more, but I think you all get the idea....
    Thanks for posting the images. Before I bought my 2020 337 I looked at a bunch of GD trailers at different dealerships around the country. Your images with cracks in roof sealant look exactly like what I saw on a few new trailers in dealer lots. I think sealant cracking and seam separation may be fairly common. When I bought my trailer I inspected every seam and marked places to repair with blue painter tape. When I was done the trailer had blue spots all over it. I then spent a whole lot of time working on resealing the problem spots. I suspect that if GD owners did a detailed inspection of the seams on their units they would find problem spots.

I have a question for huntr70. What sealant does your shop recommend to repair side wall and end cap sealant separation issues? I have asked GD support multiple times and they say use a silicone sealant. I know all silicone sealants are not created equal.
    Last edited by Always Learning; 08-10-2021 at 11:37 AM.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Always Learning View Post
    Thanks for posting the images. Before I bought my 2020 337 I looked at a bunch of GD trailers at different dealerships around the country. Your images with cracks in roof sealant look exactly like what I saw on new trailers in dealer lots. I think sealant cracking and seam separation may be fairly common. When I bought my trailer I inspected every seam and marked places to repair with blue painter tape. When I was done the trailer had blue spots all over it. I then spent a whole lot of time working on resealing the problem spots. I suspect that if GD owners did a detailed inspection of the seams on their units they would find problem spots.

I have a question for huntr70. What sealant does your shop recommend to repair side wall and end cap sealant separation issues? I have asked GD support multiple times and they say use a silicone sealant. I know all silicone sealants are not created equal.
    We actually use a sealant in the shop that Winnebago recommended for many, many years.

It is made by Geocel, and is branded as ProFlexRV. Remains flexible, and is paintable (if needed). They make a clear and a white that we use, depending on application.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We actually use a sealant in the shop that Winnebago recommended for many, many years.

It is made by Geocel, and is branded as ProFlexRV. Remains flexible, and is paintable (if needed). They make a clear and a white that we use, depending on application.
    Thanks for the reply. Good to know. ProFlexRV is the product I started using awhile ago and it appears to work very well.
    2020 Reflection 337RLS
    2020 F350 Dually

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I've had RV's for 2-3 years and never saw that kind of caulk degrading. Sure I might get a spot or two here and there.
    Many of those gaps should've been handled by the dealer prior to the customers PDI.
    7.5 hr x $150 = $1150. WTfudge. How long of a warranty is the dealer giving in their caulk job? Same caulk? Same 6 months?
    Total rip off IMO.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    The OP (owner) requested that we do a sealant check.

We documented and reported back, as requested.

Unit gets a full PDI inspection as required by GD to activate warranty.

PA also demands a PA Safety inspection yearly (as well as new) which looks at frame, wheels, tires, brakes, directional lights, etc.
    I did ask for sealant check and based off the photos(which btw I am just now seeing???) glad I did. Our PDI was Jan 26 when we picked it up so does the warranty start then? The issues seem extreme based off what you are showing. Your shop rate is what it is, and we agreed to the repairs because well they are needed and we are leaving Thursday on a trip. I didn’t want to bash TS in any way and was not going to mention them but well you chimed in.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbymike2000 View Post
    I did ask for sealant check and based off the photos(which btw I am just now seeing???) glad I did. Our PDI was Jan 26 when we picked it up so does the warranty start then? The issues seem extreme based off what you are showing. Your shop rate is what it is, and we agreed to the repairs because well they are needed and we are leaving Thursday on a trip. I didn’t want to bash TS in any way and was not going to mention them but well you chimed in.
    It's all good. Like I said, most people on forums don't realize what it takes to do a job the right way (or even me, didn't realize GD used urethane sealants, which is a whole 'nother ball game.
    [email protected]
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It's all good. Like I said, most people on forums don't realize what it takes to do a job the right way (or even me, didn't realize GD used urethane sealants, which is a whole 'nother ball game.
    So does this seem normal wear and tear or extreme? Because I still have the issue with this much work needing done on an RV that has been really only been in use since April and still feel it is a warranty issue. If we picked up Jan 26 (PDI) and well we dropped of July 27 for our July 30th appointment (but had to schedule the appointment like 1.5 earlier) is this most like something that did occur under the 6mo warranty period? Why am I having to fight so hard for this?

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast