User Tag List

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hobbymike2000 View Post
    So does this seem normal wear and tear or extreme? Because I still have the issue with this much work needing done on an RV that has been really only been in use since April and still feel it is a warranty issue. If we picked up Jan 26 (PDI) and well we dropped of July 27 for our July 30th appointment (but had to schedule the appointment like 1.5 earlier) is this most like something that did occur under the 6mo warranty period? Why am I having to fight so hard for this?
    It is extreme, and it sounds as though GD is working on approving more of the labor.

The issue that we see repeatedly is on the lighter stuff, the Momentum trailers, smaller Imagines and Transcends, as they do move around more than heavier units. Even smaller 5th wheels are more stable.

I do almost every check in of new units when they get here. Some of the issues I see on roof sealant is that I believe they are hauling them away too quickly, before the sealant really sets. I see 5th wheels with "waves" on the front cap sealant because they were hauled before being cured.

In your case, I believe it had something to do with the temperature, as the rear door/ramp, was completely opened up, almost all the way around. The urethane isn't even toughing the metal flange.
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @huntr70, without taking any sides here with regard to the OP's issue; I just wanted to take a moment to commend you for being a consummate professional. Your perspective is appreciated, thank you.
    2017 Ford F350 Platinum 6.7L PowerStroke DRW
    2017 Solitude 379FLS

Mentioned
    60 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    So does this seem normal wear and tear or extreme? Because I still have the issue with this much work needing done on an RV that has been really only been in use since April and still feel it is a warranty issue. If we picked up Jan 26 (PDI) and well we dropped of July 27 for our July 30th appointment (but had to schedule the appointment like 1.5 earlier) is this most like something that did occur under the 6mo warranty period? Why am I having to fight so hard for this?
    Well it certainly sounds like you are within the warranty
    I wouldn’t pay a cent on the bill

Tell the dealer to get their money from grand Design

2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 crew
    2021 Imagine 2400 BH
    2018 GMC Sierra 4x4 Crew 1840lb payload

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We are picking the unit up and Tom Shaeffer has submitted to GD for warranty to cover sealants. They finished at 6.5 hrs 2.0 covered verbally by GD and I will call GD tomorrow to follow up and try and get them to agree to cover under warranty. IF they do we will get a refund for the 6.5 hrs we paid for. We had 3 season doors installed as well as generator serviced, seals checked, and some other warranty work done.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you for your help in understanding the issue! We are picking up the RV tonight and will be there around 5:30-6. We are definitely new to this world and are learning rapidly. I will keep an eye out fro the sealants from now on and try to stay on top of them. We love our RV even though the Wife now has 5th wheel fever. So a two year plan for something like the 351M is in order.
    Quote Originally Posted by huntr70 View Post
    It is extreme, and it sounds as though GD is working on approving more of the labor.

The issue that we see repeatedly is on the lighter stuff, the Momentum trailers, smaller Imagines and Transcends, as they do move around more than heavier units. Even smaller 5th wheels are more stable.

I do almost every check in of new units when they get here. Some of the issues I see on roof sealant is that I believe they are hauling them away too quickly, before the sealant really sets. I see 5th wheels with "waves" on the front cap sealant because they were hauled before being cured.

In your case, I believe it had something to do with the temperature, as the rear door/ramp, was completely opened up, almost all the way around. The urethane isn't even toughing the metal flange.

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Keebler View Post
    @huntr70, without taking any sides here with regard to the OP's issue; I just wanted to take a moment to commend you for being a consummate professional. Your perspective is appreciated, thank you.
    I totally agree. He has provided very valuable "insider" information to us for a long time and I don't recall him ever trying to sell anything while doing it.
    Brian & Kellie
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, FBP, 1,460w solar, 540ah BBGC3, MORryde IS w/disc brakes
    2020 F-350 Platinum SRW Powerstroke Tremor, 60g TF fuel tank, Hensley BD3-F air bag hitch

Previous setups:
    2019 Solitude 373FB-R, 2019 F-350 Platinum DRW Powerstroke, Hensley BD5 air bag hitch
    2016 Reflection 318RST, 2016 GMC 3500 Denali SRW Duramax, Hensley BD3 air bag hitch

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    OP, good luck getting more of it covered and have a great time on your trip.
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    @Hobbymike2000, if I had these sorts of issues with an 8 month old unit, I would be steamin' mad. (Indeed, I am not sure I would have handled it as well as you have.) On the plus side, TS has spent the time and effort to professionally fix these issues and protect your investment, and they are going to bat with Grand Design on your behalf for better coverage. The "six month coverage" might be the letter of the law, but those photos that @huntr70 posted are not normal for such a new unit.

@huntr70, thank you for your continued support of the Grand Design community. I don't know if you remember me, but you helped me negotiate the purchase of my 2020 Imagine 2800BH at TS. In my experience -- online and in person -- you always try to do right by the RV enthusiast, both individually and for the community. We appreciate it.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your help. I will be calling GD Monday to check on claim status and assert my disappointment in the quality of seal installation. All items on my list were repaired to my satisfaction and Tom Schaeffer also did the recall items for me. @huntr70, thank you for your help with the photos.

Mentioned
    240 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thank you all for your help. I will be calling GD Monday to check on claim status and assert my disappointment in the quality of seal installation. All items on my list were repaired to my satisfaction and Tom Schaeffer also did the recall items for me. @huntr70, thank you for your help with the photos.
    All good.......
    Steve- Inventory Manager at Tom Schaeffer's RV, Shoemakersville, PA www.tomschaeffers.com
    [email protected]
    2011 RAM 3500 SRW Outdoorsman Edition 4X4, 6.7 Cummins--TWEAKED!
    2021 Reflection 310RLS

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast