User Tag List

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RPAspey View Post
    My previous camper had same issue only when plugged in. I found that the weight of the cord would flex the outlet just enough to create a gap. I removed plug, resealed then used a 90 degree adapter on the end of my cord. The 90' connector shifted the weight to pull more down.
    That's what we did with our Solitude. 90 degree dog bone... Highly recommended.
    Frank and Char + Maya, Newport, Michigan. 2016 Solitude 379FL/2006 F250 6.0 diesel w/dually conversion. 4th rain-sense roof vent, two ceiling fans, Kodiak disc brakes, Carlisle G 14-ply tires, Water Miser x2, final dump valve, water header tank, fridge cond fan switch, outside range exhaust, elec hot water anode, filtered drinking water, triple battery box,

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dooley View Post
    I have a 50Amp plug and we full time moving weekly on average and have never seen water or moisture in ours.
    2020 Solitude 373FB-R,
    2017 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L 4x4 DRW Long Bed,
    TST 570 TPMS, MORryde IS, B&W 25K Companion, Garmin RV785MT

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I wouldn't use that port since it looks like there is possibly some corrosion. Are you under warranty? If so, contact GD customer service and back to dealer. Personally, I would replace the port with a Smart Plug. It's weather sealed and the cord locks in. Must better (heavier) contacts and the connection is positive. No plastic screw lock to strip, cross thread, etc.

I agree the port isn't sealed correctly (poorly caulked). You should be checking all areas that are sealed (roof, fans, antenna, etc) and use correct sealant to make sure they are totally protected.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Skilletface View Post
    Try using a small amount of Vaseline or some electrical lube around the cap see if that solves the issue. The cap may be warped enough to allow water seep in.
    NO to vaseline. You want to use dielectric grease. Available at any auto supply store, Home Depot, Lowes
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllRs307 View Post
    Good advice. I have the same issue on our 2017 Reflection 307MKS. I think the water is coming in between the power port and the side of the trailer and seeping into the back side of the plug where there is a joint between the door part of the port and the inside cord. If I dry out the inside of the port, more water seeps in. I removed the 4 screws attaching it to the side of the trailer and can see that the trailer wall is wet inside. Also the bottom 2 screws are rusted inside the wall so clearly there is a lot of moisture in there. The port just has a rubber gasket with no other sealant. I'm going to seal it.
    Attachment 36064Attachment 36065
    You could possibly have a leak somewhere above the power port getting into the wall and power port. A window, ladder mounting screw, roof line, or corner trim are all possible locations for faulty sealants allowing water infiltration. When it's completely dried out start with running a water hose slowly up the exterior of the unpowered power port checking everything as you go. Slowly work your way to all location above the power port that could be an access for water. Hopefully you will find your answer. If it happens to be coming in around the receptacle cover itself you could always fabricate a hood / rain shield out of some type out of aluminum to keep the water out.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    You could possibly have a leak somewhere above the power port getting into the wall and power port. A window, ladder mounting screw, roof line, or corner trim are all possible locations for faulty sealants allowing water infiltration. When it's completely dried out start with running a water hose slowly up the exterior of the unpowered power port checking everything as you go. Slowly work your way to all location above the power port that could be an access for water. Hopefully you will find your answer. If it happens to be coming in around the receptacle cover itself you could always fabricate a hood / rain shield out of some type out of aluminum to keep the water out.
    I got it sealed, so I’ll give it your water test when I get a chance. There is a window in the vicinity and there was a tiny hole in the TPO directly above it that I also sealed this week without thinking about the possible connection to the power port water. Thanks for broadening my view.

Does anyone have a picture of the Furrion 50A power port on the inside of the trailer and how it connects into the outside? Would help to understand what might be going on back there. Wondering if there is something that would collect and hold water because that’s what mine looked like it was doing.
    Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by AllRs307 View Post
    I got it sealed, so I’ll give it your water test when I get a chance. There is a window in the vicinity and there was a tiny hole in the TPO directly above it that I also sealed this week without thinking about the possible connection to the power port water. Thanks for broadening my view.

Does anyone have a picture of the Furrion 50A power port on the inside of the trailer and how it connects into the outside? Would help to understand what might be going on back there. Wondering if there is something that would collect and hold water because that’s what mine looked like it was doing.
    Take

Open this link to a replacement 50amp Furrion power port sold by e-trailer and look through all of the images. They are usually sealed up fairly tight provided all of the parts needed were installed correctly. I'm thinking if it were coming in from behind the plug that it would have to be at the very back of the power port were the cable enters it... I just upgraded my brother in-laws RV from 30amp to 50amp and I don't believe that the connection where the cable enters was a waterproof connection. It's more of a clamp to grip the cable.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Power-In...BoCRFYQAvD_BwE
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IBEW Sparky View Post
    Take

Open this link to a replacement 50amp Furrion power port sold by e-trailer and look through all of the images. They are usually sealed up fairly tight provided all of the parts needed were installed correctly. I'm thinking if it were coming in from behind the plug that it would have to be at the very back of the power port were the cable enters it... I just upgraded my brother in-laws RV from 30amp to 50amp and I don't believe that the connection where the cable enters was a waterproof connection. It's more of a clamp to grip the cable.

https://www.etrailer.com/RV-Power-In...BoCRFYQAvD_BwE
    Perfect! Thanks! The etrailer video for the white one has a good view and description.

It looks like water coming in from the outside or the cable end could collect in the hard plastic cover on the inside and then seep back out as I show in my pictures above. I expect there is a gap in there.

I also noticed in the video and sure enough see on mine that there is in fact a seal underneath the cover that seals against the socket when the cover is closed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by more tired since retired View Post
    NO to vaseline. You want to use dielectric grease. Available at any auto supply store, Home Depot, Lowes
    Thanks for clarifying the use of Vaseline around electrical components, I suppose someone my have taken my suggestion out of context. I meant it as trouble shooting around the faceplate. Most probably don’t have dielectric grease handy. I use it to deter moisture around electrical connections.
    2017 F-250 6.7 2019 273 MK
    Retired Tanker Yanker
    My your pleasures be many and your troubles be few!

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I would replace the inlet(not a port) with a Marinco or Hubbard inlet. Marinco has been the marine staple for years and you will never go wrong with one of their products.There's no reason to waste time or money trying to "rig" a defective component. With electrical parts, the best is barely good enough.
    2010 Jayco 26(SOLD)
    2011 Keystone Outback 277RL(SOLD)
    2021 Grand Design 268BH
    2013 Ford F250 XLT, 6.2L Gas

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast