User Tag List

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problem solved! The issue with mine was the gasket between the outside of the power port/inlet and the trailer wall was allowing water into the housing. See my earlier post for pictures of what was happening.

I put sealant on both sides of the gasket and secured it with the 4 screws. To be extra sure, I also put a small bead of sealant around the entire perimeter of the power inlet at the joint with the trailer. Probably would have been good enough with either of these alone.

After letting it cure, I tested it with the equivalent of a deluge of horizontal and vertical rain from a garden hose starting at the closed port (no cord inserted), then up to the nearby window, and finally the roof above the port. Completely dry inside the power inlet socket at each point. I have not tested with the cord inserted, but mine leaked with the lid closed. To be complete, I'll test it again with the cord attached. We'll see how tight of a seal the screw-on collar gives.
    Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

Long Hauler
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Always nice to know how these problems get solved. Thank you.
    Howard and Peggy
    2019 Momentum 351M, and 2018 RAM Cummins dually 6-speed.
    His: 1999 Honda Interceptor
    Hers: 2013 Spyder ST-S

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Following up on my previous post (#31), if the cord is connected properly, it is still dry inside! You need to tighten down on the threaded sleeve on the cord until there is no motion of the cord relative to the threaded sleeve (and trailer) when you try to wiggle the cord. I recommend using a light coat of dielectric grease on the threads to make it easier to tighten and loosen.

On my first try I just tightened down the collar with my bare hands and no lube on the threads. The cord still wiggled and it did leak water into the socket when subjected to the simulated deluge of water from all sides. I had to use my massive channel lock pliers to get it undone.

Next try, I put a light coat of dielectric grease on the threads on the socket attached to the trailer, none on the sealing surface, and tightened it hand tight with gloves. It withstood the deluge! I was also able to loosen it back off with gloved hands. I'm not weak, but my hand strength is not what it was in my younger years. Your mileage may vary.
    Kent
    2017 Reflection 307MKS
    2019 F250 6.7 SB 4x4 B&W Companion slider
    GD 307MKS Dec. 2020, Jayco X17Z Hybrid 6 years, Jayco 308 Pop-up 18 years

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234