User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Trading or selling to move to bigger 5'r

303RLS or 310RLS.......Wow, and I thought that buying my FIRST 5'r was tough......now that I have several trips under my belt, there are things we want to upgrade to.

A few thoughts:
    When stopping for quick one night overnight, would be nice to have access to bathroom and bed, 303 has it, 310 has slide for bed and option for king bed.
    Man, tough to call.....most everything else is close to same.
    I know with my 230RL, entry is in the back, while on a trip, stopping and with slide in, there is NO access to bathroom and bedroom as it would be in 310.....man.

Thoughts from 303 and 310 owners?

Good, bad and ugly.

Thanks
    Last edited by Rgpracer; 08-09-2021 at 06:56 PM.
    Msgt Ray (Ret) and Margie Parker
    2022 GD 303RLS w/Gen-Y gooseneck
    2020 Ram 2500 HD Cummins 6.7/3.73 gears

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    303RLS or 310RLS.......Wow, and I thought that buying my FIRST 5'r was tough......now that I have several trips under my belt, there are things we want to upgrade to.

A few thoughts:
    When stopping for quick one night overnight, would be nice to have access to bathroom and bed, 303 has it, 310 has slide for bed and option for king bed.
    Man, tough to call.....most everything else is close to same.
    I know with my 230RL, entry is in the back, while on a trip, stopping and with slide in, there is NO access to bathroom and bedroom as it would be in 310.....man.

Thoughts from 303 and 310 owners?

Good, bad and ugly.

Thanks
    Do you know they stopped producing the 310, it does have a nice bedroom. And if you are looking at a new 303 it would cost you about $20,000 more than a little over a year ago. We're in a holdings pattern until the dealers discounts come back to at least 25%, but that will take some time

Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Is it the 310 Solitude? If so I would go in that direction . You can add a washer and dryer which is nice to have on long saints, cant do that in the 303. But you would need a 1 ton truck for that.
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We liked the floor plan of the 303 and didn’t think much about access when the slides were in. We found we have access to the right side of the fridge, the bathroom and the bed when the slides are in. Big bonus for when we stop and want to grab a soft drink or bite to eat or use the bathroom. We love the 303.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post
    Do you know they stopped producing the 310, it does have a nice bedroom. And if you are looking at a new 303 it would cost you about $20,000 more than a little over a year ago. We're in a holdings pattern until the dealers discounts come back to at least 25%, but that will take some time

Mark
    We paid 48k for our 303 back in February. At the same discount it would be over 57k. Really amazing how fast prices went up.
    Mike & Linda
    303RLS
    2013 F250 Turbo Diesel Crew Cab

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by MarkRizRV View Post

Mark
    Thanks Mark, no Sir, didn't realize the 310 had been discontinued. Our sales rep at Camperland threw that one out there fir our consideration. I had just been looking at it and agree, bedroom is nice on the 310, but (my side) of bed would be tight getting out of. We are not in a hurry, might not even buy new, but, used are inflated quite a bit also. At this point, the used prices are so skewed that you don't know (well, I DON'T anyway) what is a good USED price or not.
    Thanks for your insite, like hearing from other 230 owners.

We have a 3300 mile/17 day trip coming up....that will probably tell us if a 230 will work, or if we really want to/need to size up.

Thanks again.

Ray

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dakota View Post
    We liked the floor plan of the 303 and didn’t think much about access when the slides were in. We found we have access to the right side of the fridge, the bathroom and the bed when the slides are in. Big bonus for when we stop and want to grab a soft drink or bite to eat or use the bathroom. We love the 303.
    Hey Mike, yea, we thought of all that also and think the 303 is going to be awesome. We can wait on prices to cime down.
    Thanks again.
    Ray

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WhittleBurner View Post
    Is it the 310 Solitude? If so I would go in that direction . You can add a washer and dryer which is nice to have on long saints, cant do that in the 303. But you would need a 1 ton truck for that.
    Hey Marcy and Gary, we don't have the puller for a 310 Solitude nor do we need washer/dryer.....i think the 303 is going to be great when time comes.
    Thanks for your input.
    Ray

We Have a Great Site Team WhittleBurner's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    92 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    [QUOTE=Rgpracer;386878]Hey Marcy and Gary, we don't have the puller for a 310 Solitude nor do we need washer/dryer..

I used to feel that way then the trips got longer and longer. Last year I found a fish hook lodged in my sock that was washed/dryed on the road..we don't fish or even have poles. The laundrymat is the only place it could have come from. I'd love to have space for laundry. That is really the only thing we find the 303 is lacking
    Marcy & Gary
    2014 Grand Design - Reflection 303RLS
    2022 GMC 3500 Denali Duramax Longbed SRW
    2015 GMC Denali 3500 - Retired
    2003 F350 - retired
    Michigan
    We're in trouble now, the dog are bloggin'!
    https://3dogsandatrailer.wordpress.com/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rgpracer View Post
    Thanks Mark, no Sir, didn't realize the 310 had been discontinued. Our sales rep at Camperland threw that one out there fir our consideration. I had just been looking at it and agree, bedroom is nice on the 310, but (my side) of bed would be tight getting out of. We are not in a hurry, might not even buy new, but, used are inflated quite a bit also. At this point, the used prices are so skewed that you don't know (well, I DON'T anyway) what is a good USED price or not.
    Thanks for your insite, like hearing from other 230 owners.

We have a 3300 mile/17 day trip coming up....that will probably tell us if a 230 will work, or if we really want to/need to size up.

Thanks again.

Ray
    Ray,

The great thing about the 230 is it so maneuverable and it's a perfect size, we hate to give that up for access to bathrooms and bedroom. Changing from 28' to 32' changes the dynamics of parking at home and loading and unloading.

Mark
    Mark & Cindy, York, PA
    2018 Reflection 150 Series 230RL (White)
    Curt A16 Hitch, Turning Point Swivel Pin Box, set to Swivel, with Curt Wedge
    2019 Ford F250 STX 6.2L with 4.30 Gears, SB CC SRW 4x4, 18" Wheels, 3192 Payload, 15,000 Towing Capacity, Fifth Wheel Prep & Camper Package, Ultimate Trailer Tow Camera, Factory Ordered
    Prev TV: 2016 F150 3.5L Supercab with 6.5' bed, 2167 payload, LT Tires, and Air Lift 5000 air bags set to 15lbs

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast