Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

TCL TV vibrated loose

I returned home from a trip and while unpacking, I thought the TV looked a little lopsided. When I extended the arm, it was definitely loose.

I discovered that the VESA mount plate is screwed to a plastic cover over the circuit board components. And that plastic cover is screwed to the TV with only two screws on one side, and 3 plastic tabs on the other. The two screws backed themselves completely out, two of the plastic tabs were broken, so the only thing hold the TV on was that one of the VESA mount screws went to the actual TV frame. The other three were basically “floating” with the plastic cover.

The two TV screws were captured in their wells by the VESA plate covering them, so I didn’t lose them. The TV will actually go back on. I plan on dabbing some blue Loctite on the TV screws.

At least while it’s down, I can do a little DYI and make an access hole for a satellite receiver and add an HDMI ARC cable for the Furrion DVD unit.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	62BE2080-F762-4EB5-9013-151262378C10.jpeg 
Views:	22 
Size:	891.3 KB 
ID:	35965
    Last edited by Cdburgerjr; 08-09-2021 at 08:26 PM. Reason: Add picture
    Douglas & Christine
    2019 Ford F-250 XLT 6.2L V8 Fx4 Crew Cab short-bed
    2021 Imagine 2600RB, Build 5/2020
    Equal-i-zer 4-Point Sway Control™, 10000/1000 bars; Ford brake controller; LevelMatePRO+®
    Goodyear Wrangler AT Adventure LT275/70R18 (E)
    Westlake Super ST Load Range E 10 p.r.