User Tag List

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Telescoping Dinette table

Hello fellow GD travellers. I’ve recently been out using our new 2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE with the family. We are new to the travel trailer world so been lots of learning.

On our last trip, one of my daughters slept on the dinette with the table locked down. Now the two telescoping joints of the center column don’t want to raise the table from its sleeping configuration. I’ve lifted it into place and tightened up the locking latches. But it should spring back up when unlocked. Obviously it’s not.

Anyone else have this issue?

(On a slightly related topic… when being slept on does anyone else find the table part squeaks terribly when the person sleeping on it moves towards the edges? I’m thinking of building some support legs to go under the edge nearest the fridge but just wondering if anyone else has the same issue)

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WolfefamRv View Post
    Hello fellow GD travellers. I’ve recently been out using our new 2021 Imagine XLS 23BHE with the family. We are new to the travel trailer world so been lots of learning.

On our last trip, one of my daughters slept on the dinette with the table locked down. Now the two telescoping joints of the center column don’t want to raise the table from its sleeping configuration. I’ve lifted it into place and tightened up the locking latches. But it should spring back up when unlocked. Obviously it’s not.

Anyone else have this issue?

(On a slightly related topic… when being slept on does anyone else find the table part squeaks terribly when the person sleeping on it moves towards the edges? I’m thinking of building some support legs to go under the edge nearest the fridge but just wondering if anyone else has the same issue)
    I'll have to check mine but I don't think that it springs up. I could be wrong. I think you have to lift it up. I do know from experience that if those brackets aren't really really tight, the table annoyingly wobbles.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Seasoned Camper more tired since retired's Avatar
    southern Georgia, where gnats rule the world
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Call GD customer service and have them walk you through the procedure of raising the table.
    2020 F-250 XLT SuperCrew 7.3L Blue Ox SwayPro, 2020 Imagine 2600RB,
    1600W Solar w/525AH LiFePO4, Victron 3000W, Road Armor w/wet bolt suspension, VisionWork Camera System, Peplink MAX BR1 Pro 5G Mobile Router,MicroAir EasyStart
    Amateur Radio Call N9XGZ FMCA#489460 Escapees SKP#166379

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    It does raise back up on its own. I had to have my nephew push down so I could lock it lowered. The bolts need to be tight to make it not wobble.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have to push mine down, but it only comes back up half way, so I have to pull it up the rest of the way...
    Dan and Rita
    2021 Reflection150 260RD, built June 2020, w/400W solar + 2 size 31 AGMs, added 2" lift blocks to match the
    2022 F350 SCSB 7.3 GdZa 4x4, 10 Sp w/4.30s - Lariat Sport in Atlas Blue