Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Gooseneck extender questions

Have 2019 ram 2500 diesel mega cab. Just purchased 2017 303rls with gooseneck conversion with the air bag
    When I was pulling out of the sellers shed I kissed the trailer to my tool box. Instead of removing my standard size weather guard tool box I am considering a B&w gooseneck extender. Any experiences out there? Pros cons? Thanks guys

Rolling Along
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mlatham View Post
    Have 2019 ram 2500 diesel mega cab. Just purchased 2017 303rls with gooseneck conversion with the air bag
    When I was pulling out of the sellers shed I kissed the trailer to my tool box. Instead of removing my standard size weather guard tool box I am considering a B&w gooseneck extender. Any experiences out there? Pros cons? Thanks guys
    If you have the factory gooseneck setup on your RAM, you will have to change it out to the B&W setup. The extender is square to prevent twisting, and the RAM is round. You will also be moving the weight more to the rear of your truck, which could be okay, or bad.
    2023 Chevy 3500HD CC SB 4x4 Dmax
    2021 GD 320G with 8K axles

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wileykid View Post
    If you have the factory gooseneck setup on your RAM, you will have to change it out to the B&W setup. The extender is square to prevent twisting, and the RAM is round. You will also be moving the weight more to the rear of your truck, which could be okay, or bad.
    Mlatham,
    I have the B&W hitch with the 4” extender in my 2019/Ram 3500 sb. Using the extender moved about 80 lbs. off the front axle, which isn’t much.
    Last edited by Silverbeard; 08-11-2021 at 09:21 AM.
    Paul and Sue
    2017 Reflection 337RLS, GooseBox hitch
    2019 Ram 3500 Cummins CC SB