User Tag List

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 26
  1. #1
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

    Winegard 360 Switch location

    I have a 2022 Relection 312 BHTS and I want to install the winegard gateway router. The rig already has the mount for it but I was told if it is truly pre-wired then there should be a switch installed somewhere. Does anyone know where it is located?

  2. #2
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    Dec 2020
    Location
    Johnson City, TN
    Posts
    395
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There are a handful of threads on this already. Depends on each rig and ya never know exactly, but AFAIK everyone here chiming in found a HOT wire in there, no switch. The Gateway comes with a small in-line switch and someone, don't recall who, posted a nice few pics in that other thread of how to use a dremmel-like tool to cut out a corner of the Gateway and have the switch available from the outside.
    I mounted mine inside for expedience-sake and simply have to pull the Gateway off the mount to flip the switch.
    I'm using it only for 4G boost for my Verizon Jetpack, so only turn it on when I need it, and I haven't needed it yet, FWIW.
    However, if you add a sim card and make the Gateway your actual wifi device, then you'd probably want a more accessible power switch.
    Colin & Tracy
    '21 Chevy Silverado 3500HD LTZ/Z71/SRW, Long bed, Anderson UH
    '21 Solitude 310 GK-R

  3. #3
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JM0397 View Post
    There are a handful of threads on this already. Depends on each rig and ya never know exactly, but AFAIK everyone here chiming in found a HOT wire in there, no switch. The Gateway comes with a small in-line switch and someone, don't recall who, posted a nice few pics in that other thread of how to use a dremmel-like tool to cut out a corner of the Gateway and have the switch available from the outside.
    I mounted mine inside for expedience-sake and simply have to pull the Gateway off the mount to flip the switch.
    I'm using it only for 4G boost for my Verizon Jetpack, so only turn it on when I need it, and I haven't needed it yet, FWIW.
    However, if you add a sim card and make the Gateway your actual wifi device, then you'd probably want a more accessible power switch.
    I have searched the forums but nothing with this specific model. Most of them are solitude or reflection 5 wheels. I am going to use the gateway as my primary router with a SIM card but I wanted to see how complicated the install was going to be first.

  4. #4
    Seasoned Camper
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Ocala, Florida
    Posts
    264
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    The gateway 1000 has a switch in the box & a couple of crimp on connectors. I mounted the switch in the ceiling next to the router & snaked a wire the 6” over to it. I also called Winegard & they told me some people mount it on the gateway 1000. You only need the switch if you want to reboot the router. I’ve only had to do that twice in the 3 months I’ve had it. You can reboot it by removing the power lead from the connection on the router if you like. I love this router!
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

  5. #5
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    The gateway 1000 has a switch in the box & a couple of crimp on connectors. I mounted the switch in the ceiling next to the router & snaked a wire the 6” over to it. I also called Winegard & they told me some people mount it on the gateway 1000. You only need the switch if you want to reboot the router. I’ve only had to do that twice in the 3 months I’ve had it. You can reboot it by removing the power lead from the connection on the router if you like. I love this router!
    Thank, that makes me feel better about the install.

  6. #6
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I get great speeds out of this router. I ended up mounting my switch to the casing of the router itself. It was pretty thin plastic to know at and used a box cutter to do it.

  7. #7
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdietz View Post
    I get great speeds out of this router. I ended up mounting my switch to the casing of the router itself. It was pretty thin plastic to know at and used a box cutter to do it.
    Do you have a picture by chance?

  8. #8
    New Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countrysiderving View Post
    Do you have a picture by chance?
    Here ya go. Not the best pic.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails thumbnail_IMG_6243.jpg  

  9. #9
    Setting Up Camp
    Join Date
    Aug 2021
    Posts
    16
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dwdietz View Post
    Here ya go. Not the best pic.
    Thank you, that helps a lot


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

  10. #10
    Fireside Member
    Join Date
    May 2021
    Location
    Sugar Grove, IL
    Posts
    83
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    2610ML here. I did find a small on/off switch next to the antenna cable connector, located behind the tv. It has a red indicator light as well. When pressing the switch, the red light goes off (or on ;-) ), and the tv loses or receives OTA signals again. I do not have the Wineguard router installed.
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

DISCLAIMER:This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Grand Design RV, LLC or any of its affiliates. This is an independent site.