User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    2610ML here. I did find a small on/off switch next to the antenna cable connector, located behind the tv. It has a red indicator light as well. When pressing the switch, the red light goes off (or on ;-) ), and the tv loses or receives OTA signals again. I do not have the Wineguard router installed.
    I have that as well, I believe that is only for the TV

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Hm, wonder what the use-case for that switch would have been. To just not have the TV receive OTA signals? Would that reduce power consumption in the trailer somehow?

(am on the hunt to reduce unnecessary 'things' sucking power in my trailer. when i get to the trailer friday night, the battery often shows 12.3v. I run a generator a couple of hours, it shows 12.7v, then the next day when we leave it shows 12.5v again. must be some drain somewhere i guess?)
    2021 Grand Design Imagine 2610ML, 2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland EcoDiesel
    e2 trunnion hitch and Curt 7-pin brake controller
    Victron SmartSolar 100|50 -- 2x UB121000 100ah -- 4x100W panels
    Always boondocking. No post, no facilities.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TheRealRoland View Post
    Hm, wonder what the use-case for that switch would have been. To just not have the TV receive OTA signals? Would that reduce power consumption in the trailer somehow?

(am on the hunt to reduce unnecessary 'things' sucking power in my trailer. when i get to the trailer friday night, the battery often shows 12.3v. I run a generator a couple of hours, it shows 12.7v, then the next day when we leave it shows 12.5v again. must be some drain somewhere i guess?)
    Those are usually to turn your signal booster on or off depending if you are using cable or antenna.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    As far as the Router goes, I leave ours on all the time, the power switch for the antenna, as note from others, is behind the TV. One other note, T-Mobile now has a $40-$50 a month 100GB plan through Wineguard. I went direct to T-Mobile and received the same deal. Where T-Mobile doesn't work I have a Verizon hotspot for back up. One other benefit for leaving the router on, is if you wireless security camera's they connect instantly to your router so when staying at a truck stop or boondocking you always have your security feed. When I put the trailer in storage, I turn off all power which takes care of the Router issue. Hope this helps, I have been very happy with the router system.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnelsonlv View Post
    As far as the Router goes, I leave ours on all the time, the power switch for the antenna, as note from others, is behind the TV. One other note, T-Mobile now has a $40-$50 a month 100GB plan through Wineguard. I went direct to T-Mobile and received the same deal. Where T-Mobile doesn't work I have a Verizon hotspot for back up. One other benefit for leaving the router on, is if you wireless security camera's they connect instantly to your router so when staying at a truck stop or boondocking you always have your security feed. When I put the trailer in storage, I turn off all power which takes care of the Router issue. Hope this helps, I have been very happy with the router system.
    The only reason you added a power switch was to be able to cycle the power to the router if I was having issues. But I agree that this is a great system.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Ok, that makes since, good idea. I have had to pull it down and disconnect a couple times. Like the switch idea!
    2022 Reflection 150 295RL 5th Wheel
    1000 Watts Solar, 400 AH Battery Victron Inverter & Solar Controller
    Wilson Cell Booster and Antenna, Wineguard 360+ antenna with 4TE Router
    2015 Ram 2500 4x4 Diesel

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We had a Gateway router on the last TT, a 2020 Nash 22H. It was mounted inside the 360 and had no on/off switch. Winegard sent me a bracket so I could relocate the router to the inside ceiling, directly under the 360, the location Winegard recommends. Do your research, as it will only work with ATT and Verizon, although the tech told me he thought it would work with T-Mobile also. We traded it in on the 2500 before I got around to changing it.
    Mark and Judy
    USN/USAF family (parents and kids)
    2021 F350 Lariat Crew 4x4 SRW 7.3 Godzilla
    2021 Imagine 2500RL w/Hensley Arrow hitch

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by rsnelsonlv View Post
    The power switch for my antenna is not behind my TV. It is in the media console next to the radio.

I have a T-Mobile hotspot and it is garbage. I get very limited signal on it.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by countrysiderving View Post
    Thank you, that helps a lot

They also make those little switches in white plastic... wouldn't hardly even notice it it it were white.
    Bill & Colleen ~ Schwenksville, Pa
    2019 Reflection 337RLS
    2006 GMC Sierra 3500 8.1L V-8
    Firestone Ride-Rite Air Bags
    Front Stabilizer Bar
    Rear Anti Sway Bar

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I have an orange/white loop coming out of the ceiling... any idea which one is positive and which is ground?
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast