User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    I have an orange/white loop coming out of the ceiling... any idea which one is positive and which is ground?
    The orange is 12 volt power & white is ground. I would disconnect it at the gateway & turn off dc power before installing the switch.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Thanks tons.... that helped.... and now everything seems to be working OK.... however, I lose connectivity to the Winegard often... but hopefully, everything settles down now that it is installed...
    Getting to my VZW network worked well .... as well as getting to my home WiFi network... seems to boost the reception of both pretty well.... we will see how it does on the road on the next trip....

I did need to "forget" my WiFi home SSID as my tablet kept trying to connect to it vs the Winegard and then to the home network... that may have been some of the issues with dropping connection to the Winegard Gateway... time will tell... but thus far... happy.

I do have one complaint to Grand Design on my 337 RLS.... the place where they have the cap is smack in the middle between the smoke detector and the hall light outside the bathroom in the hall.... so it was impossible to route the wires through the 'guide hole" in the mount... and I had to do some intricate measuring to figure out where to mount the Gateway mounting bracket so that I could get the Gateway to go on the mount AND to cover the hole as best I could... but damn... those crews need to know what the Gateway footprint looks like so they can put the smoke detector and the light farther away from each other so you can mount the Gateway properly...

It was also confusing because there was not a single power lead that came down the hole... it was a "loop"... so it had to be cut and spliced with the power cord from the Gateway... again, it would have been nice of them to just have a power lead with wirenuts on the end so you could easily connect 'things'...

Thanks again... very timely help!
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowboychincs View Post
    Thanks tons.... that helped.... and now everything seems to be working OK.... however, I lose connectivity to the Winegard often... but hopefully, everything settles down now that it is installed...
    Getting to my VZW network worked well .... as well as getting to my home WiFi network... seems to boost the reception of both pretty well.... we will see how it does on the road on the next trip....

I did need to "forget" my WiFi home SSID as my tablet kept trying to connect to it vs the Winegard and then to the home network... that may have been some of the issues with dropping connection to the Winegard Gateway... time will tell... but thus far... happy.

I do have one complaint to Grand Design on my 337 RLS.... the place where they have the cap is smack in the middle between the smoke detector and the hall light outside the bathroom in the hall.... so it was impossible to route the wires through the 'guide hole" in the mount... and I had to do some intricate measuring to figure out where to mount the Gateway mounting bracket so that I could get the Gateway to go on the mount AND to cover the hole as best I could... but damn... those crews need to know what the Gateway footprint looks like so they can put the smoke detector and the light farther away from each other so you can mount the Gateway properly...

It was also confusing because there was not a single power lead that came down the hole... it was a "loop"... so it had to be cut and spliced with the power cord from the Gateway... again, it would have been nice of them to just have a power lead with wirenuts on the end so you could easily connect 'things'...

Thanks again... very timely help!
    Go on the homepage. The site with all numbers & download e most recent firmware update. That will take care of losing connectivity.
    Ray & Flo
    2021 Silverado 3500HD DRW
    2021 Solitude GK345-R
    Morryde IS & Disc Brakes
    Solar System. 8 100 AH Lithium batteries, 12 200 watt panels, Victron 3000 watt inverter, Smart Shunt, Cerbo, & 2 MPPT Charger/Controllers
    Travel 6 months each year

Left The Driveway
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    This is a great solution. I'm going to try this the next time we're at the RV. One question, there are two flat prongs on the back of the switch, how did you connect those?

Quote Originally Posted by dwdietz View Post
    Here ya go. Not the best pic.

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee78015 View Post
    This is a great solution. I'm going to try this the next time we're at the RV. One question, there are two flat prongs on the back of the switch, how did you connect those?
    The Gateway comes with two crimp connectors that you crimp to the end of the wire and then they slide onto the prongs on the backside of the switch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Seasoned Camper
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by USA in a Chevrolet View Post
    Go on the homepage. The site with all numbers & download e most recent firmware update. That will take care of losing connectivity.
    Thx tons for the info on where/how to download new firmware... will give it a try the next time I'm out in the RV.. thx!
    Cowboychincs
    2021 Grand Design Reflection 337 RLS
    2021 Ford F-350 6.7L Diesel Platinum
    Castle Rock, CO

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123