User Tag List

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We were in Utah in 2017 and had the ability to spend 2 weeks in Moab and 2 weeks in Kanab. It was the best trip and the parks were busy but wonderful. We enjoyed all the parks and I could not say which was the best since they were all wonderful. Whichever you choose I am sure you will enjoy

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    YNP is a great vacation. In late Sep. and early Oct. many of the camp sites are shut down for the season. West Yellowstone has some great RV parks, and should have openings during that time. Keep an eye out for bad weather.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    THIS WEB SITE is a great place to keep an eye on the weather.
    Scroll down the weather column with the map set on weekly will show the motion of the storms. You can change the size of the area too.

KEN
    Backpacker and tent camper all my life, including BSA as a kid and adult.
    Motorcycle trips across the USA with a tent - 1978 to Present.
    02-10-2005 - 2002 F350 SWD PSD and 2003 Citation 10'8S mostly for Crater Lake Ski Patrol.
    10-29-2015 - 2016 Grand Design 380TH. It's HUGE compared to a camper.
    10-19-2018 - traded truck for a 2016 Ram 3500 DRW Laramie CC 4 X 4 Long Box.
    03-16-2019 - Traded Momentum for a New 2018 374TH-R Solitude
    FULL TIME RV'er Nov 2021

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    You have other options besides West Yellowstone. There is a nice RV park on the Rockefeller pkwy between Grand Teton NP. Used to be called Flagg Ranch but looks like it is called Headwaters now. There is also a KOA near Moran Junction where hwy 26 meets 191. There is also the Virginia City RV park in Jackson Wy. I have stayed in all of them and they are nice. However as others have said be ready fir cold weather, I have been snowed on up there in mid September

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    All great info, thank you!

We do have a spot reserved in West Yellowstone @ Grizzly, not what I was hoping for, but it'll work.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Groundhog66 View Post
    Hello all, planning a trip for early Oct, hoping to get some opinions and assistance.

Leaving from Bay Area, CA heading over to Zion, we will stop over somewhere after Bakersfield for the night, plan to stay in the South Campground for a few days (no availability in Watchman). I know there are BLM/Dispersed options, but not sure how secure this would be if we plan to be gone most of the day? Also, wondering if Bryce Canyon is worth a day trip, or there will be enough to see in Zion?
    Then up to West Yellowstone for a few days, we were hoping to stay inside the park, but nothing available to reserve, and I'm not sure I was to gamble with the first come options. Any lesser known "must see's" in the park that you are aware of?
    After YNP, we plan to head up to the Bozeman area for a few days, but this is not carved in stone. I am contemplating other options earlier in the trip, and nix MT all together, any thoughts?
    Home through ID, where we plan to stop off to see some friends who relocated, then a stopover at some point on the way back to CA.
    What's your rig size? Many NPs have length limitations.

Rig: 2017 Reflection 367BHS
    Tow vehicle: 2020 F350 CC 6.7l Platinum SRW LB

Setting Up Camp
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Gary325 View Post
    What's your rig size? Many NPs have length limitations.
    We are 33', that is the first thing I check, as I know many are like 24'.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Orange Cove RV park east of town is a great spot, out in the country a bit, not far from the highway 58 freeway,
    you'll have your own orange tree as well.

Bakersfield RV Resort is very nice, but you'll have to navigate a few city streets to get there.
    John, Susan & Luke
    2015 Reflection 303 RLS #867
    Bakersfield, CA

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Just completed slide show of Bryce, Zion and Grand Canyon from several trips over the years; love that part of country. Unfortunately when you live on east coast it's much cheaper to fly and rent vehicle. We also like Banff and Jasper National Parks in Canada if you ever get chance to go to these great parks.

Fireside Member
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Native Utahn here - Bryce will be cooler in October but if you watch the temps and snow you should be good. Snow adds a beauty to Bryce that can't be matched. We do Zion (Watchman's) for Thanksgiving and often we see snow. We actually had snow at Snowbird (East of Salt Lake) this week. We have a saying here in Utah, "If you don't like the weather, wait 5 minutes". Keep that in mind. You may need to change plans multiple time to see all that you want to.

We welcome you to our state and hope you enjoy your stay!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast