User Tag List

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Lowering my imagine xls 22rbe

I just brought home a 2022 22RBE and set it up in my RV shed. The stabilizer jacks are maxed out due to the RV being so high off of the floor. I had to put (4) 2x4 spacers under them so not to extend the jacks fully. I have looked at the axel set up and there are holes in the spring & equalizer hangers 2" above where the current spring bolts are. It looks like I could lower the entire coach by 2" still giving me 4"-5" clearance from tires to under side of the coach. Has anyone else had this experience and made the modification?

Mentioned
    191 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Lowering the trailer would likely give you too little clearance between the top of the tires and underside of the trailer - a recipe for damage. I would not recommend it.

Rob
    U.S. Army Retired
    2012 F350 DRW CC LB Lariat PS 6.7
    2020 Solitude 310GK-R, MORryde IS, disc brakes,
    Sailun LRG tires, solar, DP windows, W/D
    (Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
    Full time since 08/2015

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    Lowering the trailer would likely give you too little clearance between the top of the tires and underside of the trailer - a recipe for damage. I would not recommend it.

Rob
    I agree. Better to replace the jacks with larger ones. If you had addressed this during your PDI you might have been able to persuade your dealer to replace the jacks before you signed on the dotted line. It may be worth a call to them anyway.
    Mike & (RIP Karen)
    2021 Imagine 2600RB
    2011 Toyota Tundra 5.7 RW, Tow Package
    Husky Centerline WDH
    Champion 2500DF, Prodigy P2

Mentioned
    38 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    There's disadvantages to lowering the rig like the rear scrapping. Ours almost did this when coming out of a parking that was on an angle. I just made blocks out of stained 2x6.

Sent from my SM-P610 using Tapatalk
    Steph & Lise
    2019 F150 Lariat 2.7 EB
    2020 Imagine XLS 22MLE

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Boy View Post
    I just brought home a 2022 22RBE and set it up in my RV shed. The stabilizer jacks are maxed out due to the RV being so high off of the floor. I had to put (4) 2x4 spacers under them so not to extend the jacks fully. I have looked at the axel set up and there are holes in the spring & equalizer hangers 2" above where the current spring bolts are. It looks like I could lower the entire coach by 2" still giving me 4"-5" clearance from tires to under side of the coach. Has anyone else had this experience and made the modification?
    Before modifying the trailer by lowering it I would invest in or build some good blocks. You're going to the trouble of changing spring mounting locations to gain 2" you may as well screw 2 - 2x6's together to pickup that 2". You need blocks under the stabilizer jacks anyway you may as well double them up.

You didn't provide any measurements for the fully extended jacks. But looking on the etrailer website they have some Lippert ones that have a 24" extension. They also have some with 18-3/4" or 30" extension. So there are other jack heights out there. Sounds like you might have gotten the shorty's on your trailer.
    Mike & Lisa
    Central Florida
    2021 Imagine 2970RL
    1996 Chevy K3500 Crew SRW 7.4L Gas

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I just purchase a 17MKE and am thinking I can do the same. It appears there will be plenty of clearance between the tires and RV. I have about 8" between the top of the tires and trailer.

Site Sponsor
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    My old trailers always scraped so I love that the new one is higher, but understand your concern. I decided to buy 4 sets of leveling blocks because they are so light compared to wood blocks. Then as suggested in a post by another RVer, I put a storage box on the a-frame of the trailer. Now I can store the blocks in the box while traveling and when at camp I put the tow bars and hitch in the box. Just a thought...
    Chad
    2023 23LDE 965W Solar, Victron Multiplus, Solar Controllers, Cerbo GX, 4x280AH DIY Lithium Batteries, SeeLevel Tank Monitoring, Shock Absorbers (Replaced 2022 22MLE)
    2022 F350 6.7L Superduty, Carbonized Gray, Ultimate Lariat Pkg, 4WD, Crew Cab, 160" Wheelbase, 3.55EL Rear End, 3566# Payload
    Adaptive Steering, Ultimate Camera Pkg, 20" Wheels, 397 Amp Dual Alternator, ARE Topper (Replaced 2004 F150)